Data and Insight will be the main driving force of how global businesses make decisions. The aim of this project is to develop quality analytics and insights to transform the way the business responds to ongoing trends and feedback. The client is a world leader in making those changes happen and they have created an innovative approach of using key tools and skills through a developed organisational structure. Our client from the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry is at the forefront when it comes to unlocking the power of analytics to create value and adopt changes for business strategy.
As a consultant on the Global Integrated Operations (iOps) team, you will be working with the team to deliver suite of analytics solutions with the aim of driving strategic management decisions in the various areas such as Consumer Market Development, optimization of Supply chain operational efficiencies as well as Financial performance growth.
• Engage with stakeholders to understand the business needs & context
• Liaise between product teams and local business teams to deliver tools which meet market requirements and action standards whilst adhering to agreed global templates
• Work closely with the Enterprise Data Lake Build Team and regional Data SMEs to ensure they are delivering the right data feeds for each product
• Drive the necessary changes in processes and structures to ensure the new tools work efficiently and effectively in the new iOps environment
• Ensure integration between other tools in the iOps suite is designed and working effectively
• Ensure project plans are complete, accurate & up to date
• Manage testing requirements for UAT & Integration testing and monitor BAU for any issues and changes required
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
• Balanced profile of business knowledge/understanding and analytical savviness. Outstanding at relationship building with experience of partnering with business.
• Good understanding of Consumer product analytics (Demand forecasting, Promotions analytics, Demand-supply planning and Execution) in general.
• Experience of driving/managing projects and working with multiple business teams and stakeholders.
• Ability to hold stakeholders and business accountable for actions and deadlines.
• Experience of working on large scale analytics products requiring multiple data sources.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to clearly articulate technical work to non-technical business owners.
• Critical thinking & flexibility to effectively work around technical & business constraints.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Prior experience in working with Consumer Product Analytics or Supply Chain/Customer Development project is a strong plus.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.