Location for this position is the Capgemini Nashville Center in Nashville, TN
Application Accessibility Analyst
About The Role
We’re looking for a compassionate analyst of accessibility with a track record of delivering insightful analysis and recommendations to improve the accessibility of user experiences. As an application accessibility analyst you show empathy for users who need the assistance of assistive devices and technologies.
An Application Accessibility Analyst has a deep understanding of WCAG 2.1 principles, guidelines, and success criteria and a passion for helping mobile applications become more accessible for all users. In this role, you will have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses as you analyze the accessibility of mobile applications to evaluate and improve their user experiences. You must have a deep understanding of WCAG 2.1, iOS best practices, Android best practices, and mobile app development. You will work collaboratively with product managers, business analysts, UI designers, UI developers, and quality assurance engineers, while interfacing with various levels of client leadership. There may be times where you will be a hands-on accessibility-team-of-one. You will also help plan, scope and respond to client proposals.
• College degree and 4+ years of combined relevant experience in mobile application development
• Nice to have: IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies or Web Accessibility Specialist
• Strong understanding of and experience with WCAG 2.1
• Understanding of evaluating WCAG success criteria
• Deep knowledge of iOS development or Android development
• Understanding of native accessibility tools (iOS, Android)
• Strong leadership, facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Open-minded and able to incorporate constructive feedback
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
• Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
• An ability to be both visionary and detailed when needed
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Effectively communicate with authority and conviction, concepts, best practices for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders
Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.