• You are technical and passionate about the impact you have on the business
• Your less technical peers trust you to explain technology to them in a way they easily understand
• You enjoy evaluating, implementing, and using a variety of technologies to solve business problems
• You like speaking to people about the intersection of business and technology
• You enjoy collaborating with business partners to develop applications
• You want to help bringing great value and positive changes to your clients
Mendix developers at Capgemini mix agility, collaboration, and technical expertise into their daily activities. As such, we’re in search of passionate problem solvers who want to move beyond sitting behind a screen coding all day and instead focus on what really matters to deliver applications customers will love and adopt; business value.
In the role of [insert job title here], you will be part of a team of Mendix developers, including business partners, to build dynamic applications that will drive our competitive differentiation in the market.
Day to day activities include:
• Working closely with cross-functional teams using agile principles like SCRUM; Collaborating with business partners throughout the application development lifecycle to prototype, create, iterate, and deploy apps; Helping business developers to create and maintain apps with quality and consistency by using your existing programming experience to share best practices; Designing scalable application architectures to support new business models and products; Building apps using low-code development tools; Extending low-code development tools and applications by coding reusable front-end components and back-end integration modules
Mendix is an application development platform using a model-driven development approach. It enables developers to create applications ranging from simple web apps to complex multi-channel, microservice-based applications in a fraction of the time it takes using traditional programming languages. The visual development environment presents UI, logic, and data models in a way traditional developers and members of business lines alike easily understand. In addition, the openness and extensibility of the platform enables you to add additional functionality using your existing programming skills.
• Partner with the line of business to develop applications with agility
• Collaborate with analysts, user experience designers, and peer developers to create visually appealing multi-channel experiences
• Communicate with the development team and business in real-time, taking a test and learn approach throughout the application lifecycle
• Elevate the capabilities of business stakeholders by sharing development best practices
• Integrate the Mendix low-code platform with existing enterprise solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management of information systems, OR business degree with 2-5 years working experience building web and mobile applications or tools
• Solving problems something you love everyday
• Attention to detail while at the same time keeping focus on the business goals
• Desire and ability to communicate in an open and straightforward manner
• Passion and patience for helping others learn and grow development skills in a software driven world
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
• Flexibility to change direction, iterate, and adopt new technology to meet solution requirements
• Experience with relational database structure and design
• .NET, Java, or comparable programming experience preferred
• Agile experience
• React experience a plus
• SCRUM certification a plus
• CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins and Visual Studio Team Services
• Experience with Docker,
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.