About Capgemini Invent
As the innovation and transformation powerhouse of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs navigate today while plotting a course for the future. Located in offices and creative studios around the world, including brands like frog, Cambridge Consultants, Synapse and Purpose, its 10,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights. We invent futures that are relevant, resilient, and sustainable for society, for businesses and the customers they serve.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms.
Manage projects & drive efficiencies for all aspects of Talent Management including performance management, promotions, learning and development and diversity.
• Provide tools, processes and system support to ensure the Talent Management infrastructure and function is effective, efficient and accurate. This role is key in developing and running processes and reporting. Provide insight into various processes, systems, KPIs and analytics utilized by Talent Management.
• Track annual strategic programs.
• Work with and manage vendor relationships to stay updated on latest and greatest tools & technology.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders on all transformation / integrations and business change implementations including process, systems and governance.
• Drive continuous improvement via implementation of consistent talent management metrics.
• Minimum 5+ years prior professional work experience in Talent Management.
• 2+ years of experience in a Program Management function.
• Ability to present data in a clear, concise and manner; Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
• Bachelor’s degree, PMP or related certification
• Ability working within an ambiguous environment or large brand, structured environment
• Critical thinking and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Professional communication skills – written, oral and interpersonal
• Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law