Todays modern vehicles with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and other features incorporate over 80-100K lines of embedded SW across eCockpit, telematics, ADAS, powertrain and other domains, leading to what we at Capgemini Engineering call the “Software-defined Vehicle). Leading OEM and tier1s in the US are asking us to help them transform into becoming a SW-defined company, leveraging our experience in developing complex, critical systems across multiple domains with agile DevOps flows while insuring safety and cybersecurity.
The Automotive E/E Software Solution Architect collaborates with US OEM and tier1 clients to solution automotive software solutions in infotainment and eCockpit, telematics and connected mobility service domains for development and test of software conforming to automotive standards such as ASPICE and ISO26262. You will do so by supporting the account management teams in demonstrating our capabilities and winning strategic automotive and critical systems deals, by creating and tailoring automotive SW offers to the North America automotive market, by providing pre-sales, ecosystem management, and by engaging our Research and Innovation teams to commercialize our innovations and drive the R&I teams to develop solutions that enable our auto clients “next core” capabilities and accelerate development with our assets. You will provide thought leadership in automotive software in the form of webinars, whitepapers and conference participation as an industry expert.
This position has 3 fundamental areas of responsibility:
1) Presales Solution Architecture: this is the process of engaging with client technical teams to brainstorm their requirements and challenges, both proactively and reactively, architect and design solutions working with our engineering delivery teams, Research & Innovation (R&I) teams, 3rd party ecosystem partners including tools and IP vendors. You will solution with large, mid and small US automotive OEMs and tier1 companies.
2) Offer management: the definition and development of automotive E/E software offers that enable market growth for Capgmini, and tailoring offers in other geos to US requirements working with our sales and Industry and global market leadership and delivery teams. You will help ensure that the portfolio of offers matches the sales strategies and targets and place priorities and resources accordingly.
3) Innovation Scaling: working with industry ecosystem partners and our Research and Innovation team, identify technologies and solutions required to enable mid-term business growth and cast into compelling technology and IP/framework roadmaps that ensure our clients future success, not just todays. This includes Go To Market strategies with our technology, OEM and tier1 partners enabling their successful product scaling for US solutions and solutions that scale globally.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following skills. Note that breadth in automotive E/E software is important, though it is understood the candidate may be stronger in one area than the others.
Capabilities of the Successful Candidate:
Most important is the ability to understand OEM and tier1 client system and software requirements and collaborate with them to arrive at compelling solutions from a technical and business perspective.
1) Qualify the feasibility of a project and the major needs and risks and be able to work with engineering to formulate a viable winning solution for clients.
2) Be able to architect and partition a project into software subsystems and the required components and determine the sourcing or development of components required to fulfill the design working with the delivery engineering team from end-to-end through out the entire V cycle.
3) Plan and review winning proposals with client engineering teams that converge on a optimal solutions for them and for us promptly by mitigating obstacles, focusing on what’s important and differentiated, balancing cost, features, quality and schedule, and problem solving quickly and with a “can-do” attitude.
4) Possess both technical and business skills to achieve the above and work well in large, global companies.
Required skills, experience and personal attributes:
• 5+ years of experience in automotive software development in with strong emphasis on at least one of these domains: infotainment, cluster, HMI or “eCockpit” , telematics/V2X/ Connected Mobility Services.
• 8+ years in embedded software development, testing or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written) to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
• Experience in customer facing roles such as system engineering, application engineering, solution architecture, marketing, technical sales etc.
• Experience in modern automotive architectures and standards (ASPICE, Functional Safety ISO26262).
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and tasks, and work to tight deadlines