Electrification Solutions Architect
Location: Detroit Michigan or California
Experience with Electric Vehicle and Electrification a must.
Do you have a solid view on the future of automotive & smart mobility? Are you a born leader and do you have a long term strategic and integrative thinking with a strong understanding of technology trends and how they can be relevant to automotive use cases? If so, please read on!
We are looking for a Senior Automotive Electrical System Architect with deep understanding of development and engineering of sub-systems, system integration and product development within the automotive market.
You will be part of a team of systems and electrical engineers on specific OEM/Tier1 subsystem programs.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
· Must have business acumen in all aspects of electrification
· Lead the development of electrical architecture and network topology for electric vehicle.
· Lead the Engineering efforts to define and develop a robust functional architecture for vehicle electrical systems, interacting with powertrain, energy storage system, chassis, HMI.
· You help drive the development and engineering into new automotive technologies and collaborate with other units for the understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps and portfolios
· Lead electrification system/subsystem design and requirement allocation, vehicle controls system, electrical distribution system and high voltage propulsion and auxiliary subsystems development
· Lead all vehicle-level electric system activities with a team of systems and electrical engineers on a specific OEM/Tier1 program subsystem
· Develop HV system requirements and validation plans for HV harness and components including DC/DC converter, OBC and inverters
· Troubleshoot and debug electronic systems and propose solutions
· You work with 3rd party vendors and partners to ensure to deliver prototypes and very small series
· Prior work experience in automotive HV Systems and conventional Powertrain at automotive OEM or Tier 1
· Understand fundamentals in electric vehicle drive components and energy storage system, BMS and functional safety as well as E-Motors, Inverters, DC fast charging
· Experience in CAN, Flex-ray, Ethernet, LIN, ECU development, Electrical Schematic, diagnosis service tools
Education And Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, Control Systems or related field required
• Development & engineering experience of 10+ years
• Experience in software simulation and software/hardware integration
• A solid automotive engineering background: within cars, buses, heavy duty trucks and/or complex subsystems
• Solid experience in system architecture, design, mechanical design and integration
• E-power and batteries
• High and low voltage electronics and software
• Hybrid and EV systems
• Electrical wiring
• Safety concepts
• Testing and calibration