Presales Solutions Architect
Job Position Summary:
Are you passionate about technology, enjoy working across a variety of industries, and strive in a result driven environment of fast-growing SaaS companies?
We are looking for an experienced solution architect to collaborate closely with our Sales team in qualifying and expanding our client portfolio in North America. You will be a part of a fast-paced, dynamic team working with the CEOs, CTOs, VPs of Engineering and Product at some of the hottest tech companies in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Your main focus will be on Lohika, but you will also have the opportunity to collaborate on solutions with our sister companies such as frog design, Tessella and leverage other Capgemini capabilities and offerings as part of our business unit’s coordinated go-to-market strategy.
A typical day might look like:
• Start your day with finalizing a proposal for new Prospect with an Engineering Manager
• Research a Prospect company and key stakeholders who will attend an initial meeting scheduled for tomorrow. Have a preparation call with a Sales Manager
• Conduct two calls with different Prospects: an intro and a technical call together with respective Sales Managers
• Present a proposal to another Prospect together with a Sales Manager
• Participate in Internal Handover call with Client Experience and Engineering Manager to pass technical and operational knowledge about a new client we’re about to onboard. Align on expectations, risks and next steps
• Work on a blogpost that is due in a couple of weeks to pass it to marketing content consultant for review and final touches before going live at https://www.lohika.com/insights
Your mission includes:
• Drive the technical discussion and articulate Lohika’s engineering expertise in Prospect meetings. Understand client technical needs
• Build technical credibility with the Prospects’ and Clients’ new stakeholders
• Be well versed on Lohika’s evolving case studies. Leverage case studies and engineering best practices to build technical credibility.
• Work closely with the Sales team throughout the presale process including proposal preparation and strategizing to increase our chances at winning the opportunity
• Define the ideal team composition and required technical skillset to deliver the solution. Contribute into proposal preparation
• Communicate the scoped solution to your engineering colleagues, and collaborate closely with them to vet, finalize and present the team
• Perform prospect and opportunity qualification, identify potential engagement risks
• Work with sales leadership and other groups in the wider organization on cross-selling offerings
• Contribute to improvement of Sales Operating Model, templates and other technical content on the internal web portal
Solution Architect Consultant
• Consult the clients on best engineering and delivery practices, technology selection, architecture and design post-sale
• Participate as billing consultant for demanding advisory services assignments
Thought leadership and in-direct market engagement
• Contribute to Lohika’s market recognition and drive increased inbound sales leads
• Generate content independently and jointly with engineering (whitepapers, technical blog posts etc.)
• Co-create Case Studies with engineering
• Define and develop our service offerings
• Support marketing and sales in relevant industry events and online campaigns (such as RSAConf, SaaStr)
• As a technical ambassador, actively contribute to Lohika social media channels (Twitter, LI etc.)
• Evangelize Lohika’s service offerings at events and in communities
You must excel at:
• Building technical credibility with C-suite, VP level executives and Directors of Engineering and Product
• Challenging clients in a constructive manner to understand the underlying need and construct the optimal solution for it
• Self-management and context switching across accounts, industries, work streams and more
• Interpersonal skills and communication (verbal and written) to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
• Self-education to stay on top of most recent technology trends
You should have:
• 8+ years of experience in technology, with at least 1 year in software sales engineering and/or solutions architecture (Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Technology Consultant, Staff Engineer, Developer Advocate, etc.)
• Experience in modern architectures, testing, data processing solutions, automated deployment pipelines, etc.
• At least 5 years hands-on engineering experience using any modern SaaS based application development: highly scalable cloud-native, event-driven architectures using any of Java/Scala/Kotlin, .NET, JS, Ruby, Python, Go, etc. and/or on modular, scalable, client-facing interfaces development in web, mobile (native/hybrid); and data engineering: building data pipelines, ETL/ELT, modern data architectures such as Lambda/Kappa, experienced in modern data warehouses etc.
• 3+ years experience with DevOps modern tools: Docker, K8S, Jenkins, IaC Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc. Hands-on experience and deployment to production is preferred.
• Expert knowledge of distributed computing and cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) to build large scale solutions with the latest generation of technologies, preferably from cloud-native foundation project
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or related field
• Self-organization, initiative and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
• A passion for startup life and technology
Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following:
• An extensive background selling or managing consulting services, ideally outsourced software engineering
• Solution Architecture at a cloud native, VC-backed SaaS company
• Experience in applied ML and/or AIDevOps.
What to expect from us:
• An upbeat, positive and collaborative working environment
• Opportunity to develop your career at one of the world’s leading software engineering services firms
• Great growth opportunity and potential for personal development. Lohika is the fastest growing unit within Capgemini so the sky’s the limit
• Competitive compensation and performance-based bonus structure
• Very competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Matching 401(k) contributions.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer.