The Senior Applications Engineer (Sr. Front End Developer) develops quality software that meets the functional and non-functional project requirements in the implementation, enhancement and support of ecommerce platform centric projects. This includes producing application code on-time, on-budget, and in compliance with DCX Commerce implementation standards & practices as well as general industry & platform-specific leading practices.
Senior Application Engineers help solve complex tasks on the project. Technical Architects (TA) and Team Leads (TL) will work closely with Senior Application Engineers on developing solutions for the defined tasks.
All code must conform to platform-specific & industry best practices, the DCX Commerce code standards, and perform well under load.
The Senior Application Engineer generally works independently on tasks but participate as an active team member in daily scrums as part of our agile software development methodology. This includes participation in sprint planning meetings as well as estimating work effort on tasks assigned.
The Senior Application Engineer will be part of the platform development team, contributing to the team's success through knowledge sharing in daily team building activities and weekly code presentations, as well as collaborating on internal initiatives as requested.
The Senior Application Engineer assists and mentors other developers on the project with troubleshooting, debugging, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
Education and Experience
• B.S Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent Experience
• Minimum 6 years recent experience in front-end web development
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in the relevant platform (i.e. SAPCC, Hybris commerce v6.2+)
• Expert in developing front-end web applications for SAPCC (hybris)
• Proficient in managing the administration of SAPCC (hybris)
• Proficient in using version control (Git) including planning, branching and merging
• Proficient in documenting complex functionality in code and documentation
• Ability to follow, enforce, and help define development standards
• Strong understanding of Object-Oriented concepts, MVC paradigm
• Strong problem-solving skills, creative and critical thinking
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Understands how the SDLC is implemented inside Jira and Confluence
• Understands Code Repository Theory (e.g. Gitflow)
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
• Proven track records of meeting and exceeding goals
• Ability to perform Release & Sprint planning
• Good organization skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
• CSS3, LESS, SASS
• Angular, REST/API services
• JavaServer Pages, Impex
• Cross-browser development
• Responsive design
• Grunt/Gulp task runners
• Web Developer Tools (e.g. Chrome, Firebug)
• UI tools (e.g. Zeplin, Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
• Accessibility awareness
• SEO awareness
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.