Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Aero Sr. DO-178 Embedded Software Engineer
- Join Capgemini Americas team as we continue to expand our Aerospace and Defense practice. This is a key role with a key client where career growth for the right individual is driven by account growth based on providing excellent and high-quality services and establishing high client intimacy.
- Successful candidate will work within a team of software developers to certify flight planning and mission control software products for DO 178 compliance.
- Activities will center around reverse engineering requirements and relate to test cases
- Define a configuration managed software development environment across all phases of the project life cycle using the V model.
- Develop a certification plan and drive and project manage a team to a certification output.
- Analyze and review software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards.
- Review software and hardware architecture and interfaces for functional and non-functional specs using a model-based approach
- Prepare a plan to enable eligibility of the product software documentation to DO 178 C with a potential upgrade to DO 178 A
- Familiarity with the requirements to be covered and how to interpret the guidelines.
- Organize the activity and guide the team who will produce it.
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Position requires experience in the development of embedded software including requirements definition, preliminary design, detailed design and hardware/software integration. Must have working experience with at least one programming languages as well as software engineering principles.
- Position requires good communication and organizational skills, good writing skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college in a relevant field of study;
- 10 years of experience in DO 178 (experiences in DO 254 or DO 278 will also be considered), organization and planning of tasks to bring software product compliant with DO 178 (experience required on DAL A, B and C).
- Must have experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Ada95, C, or C++.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- US Citizen or Green Card.
- Qualification: 10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.