Years of experience: 4-6
Domain 1: Perform Discovery and Determine Scope
• Analyze data via SQL queries to assess structure, granularity, quality, and fit for analytics.
• Gather, document, and validate detailed business requirements.
• Brainstorm, define, and document innovative, actionable analytics and KPIs.
• Prepare high-level project plans including required activities, resources, and timeframes.
• Given a scenario, recommend the appropriate analytics delivery method.
• Know and understand how and when to recommend the Looker platform, mobile, and Embedded Analytics options.
Domain 2: Model Management
• Troubleshoot errors in existing data models and apply procedural concepts to resolve errors.
• Apply procedural concepts to implement data security requirements, including permissions for users and determination of which Looker features to use to implement data security (e.g., access filters, field-level access controls, row-level access controls).
• Analyze data models and business requirements to create LookML objects, including determination of source objects and how to join views into Explores.
• Maintain the health of LookML projects in a given scenario, including ensuring existing contents are working (e.g., Content Validator, audit, search for errors).
Domain 3: Customization
• Design new LookML dimensions or measures with given requirements.
• Translate business requirements into the appropriate LookML structures (e.g., dimensions, measures, and derived tables).
• Modify existing project structure to account for new reporting needs.
• Construct SQL statements to use with new dimensions and measures.
• Build Explores for users to answer business questions.
Domain 4: Optimization
• Apply procedural concepts to optimize queries and reports for performance, including determination of which solution to use based on performance implications (e.g., Explores, merged results, derived tables).
• Apply procedural concepts to evaluate the performance of queries and reports.
• Determine which methodology to use based on the query and reports performance sources (e.g., A/B testing, SQL principles).
• Apply procedural concepts to implement persistent derived tables and caching policies based on requirements, including determination of appropriate caching settings based on data warehouse’s update frequency (e.g., hourly, weekly, based on ETL completion).
• Determine when to use persistent derived tables based on runtime and complexity of Explore queries, and on users’ needs.
• Determine appropriate solutions for improving data availability (e.g., caching query data, persisting tables, combination solutions).
Domain 5: Quality
• Implement version control based on given requirements, including determination of appropriate setup for Git branches (e.g., shared branches, pull from remote production).
• Reconcile merge conflicts with other developer branches (e.g., manage multiple users).
• Validate the pull request process.
• Assess code quality, including resolution of validation errors and warnings.
• Utilize features to increase usability (e.g., descriptions, labels, group labels).
• Use appropriate coding for project files (e.g., one view per file).
• Utilize SQL Runner for data validation in a given scenario, including determination of why specific queries return results by looking at the generated SQL in SQL Runner.
• Resolve inconsistencies found in the system or analysis (e.g., different results than expected, non-unique primary keys).
• Optimize SQLs for cost or efficiency based on business requirements.
Domain 6: Build
- Build dashboards to meet business requirements, including use of dashboard filters and merged results.
- Apply procedural concepts to design impactful dashboards (e.g., storytelling, tile organization, use of text tiles, amount of data per dashboard).
- Deliver reports for data consumers, including determination of appropriate report delivery methods (e.g., file format, destination, delivery cadence, recipients, scheduling, sending, downloading, test delivery).
- Determine appropriate download configurations (e.g., no option for unlimited downloads, table calculations, pivots, lack of permissions, database limitations).
- Use visualization types to meet analysis requirements in a given scenario, such as selecting the appropriate visualizations to illustrate data results (e.g., bar, line, scatter, column, pie).
- Determine which visualization settings to use (e.g., conditional formatting, subtotals, double axis, value label format using spreadsheet functions, grouping).
Domain 7: Curate
- Apply procedural concepts to curate content for intuitive navigation, including determination of appropriate setups for folders and boards (e.g., structures, subfolders, hierarchy).
- Apply naming conventions to identify folders, boards, or other content for users (e.g., clear titles, description fields, naming folders, content, and conventions).
- Apply procedural concepts to control content access for security, including utilizing appropriate Explores based on audience to prevent data leak (e.g., restricting sensitive data to specific users).
- Assign folders and boards permissions to organize content based on user groups.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced skills in SQL queries.
- Effective communications, both written and verbal.
- Data story-telling abilities and analytical curiosity.
- Work independently under time constraints.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Looker certifications.
- Advanced degree in an analytics-related field.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Data Warehouses – Snowflake, Redshift, Google, Azure.
- Python skills in full-stack environments (data preparation to visualizations).
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.