An experienced full stack Java Application Developer with a passion for solving problems to join our Digital Domain Services team in Service Center. In this role you will use your experience and understanding of the code and ability to design technical solutions to provide remedies through code fixes, data adjustments, or process workarounds to diagnose and fix operational issues with our high demand commercial B2C Ecommerce applications. You will work closely with our dev, support, implementations, and operations teams to help drive customer satisfaction and work with other support engineers. This will be a great opportunity working in large e-commerce apps in a collaborative environment with team member's spread across the globe!
• Development (50%) – advanced coding to build application and components as part of functional and non-functional requirements applying object-oriented concepts (SOLID)
• Design & Process, (10%) – participate and contribute on architectural strategy and design manifesting through visual representation.
• Test Automation & DevOps (15%) – deliver software with high coverage on all levels of test pyramid; build code and deliver binary using continuous integration platform
• L3 support (25%) – Support monitoring and troubleshooting of production application and address any issues/escalations promptly.
• Handle production issues in matured way; provide/implement tactical solutions to minimize impact to business followed by strategic solutions.
• Solving high priority and critical JIRAs raised by end users ranging from small bug fixes to application augmentation and expedite the delivery.
• Hands-on experience of the top-to-bottom technologies of the stack or equivalent development area
• Work as a part of a global team across Eastern Europe, US, India have a critical seat in technical decisions in a collaborative team.
• Resolve emergency production issues and ensure appropriate resolution of issues within the required time-frame.
• Participate and resolve L3 issues that occur and ensure we design resiliency management and performance tune the application to minimize frequently occurring issues.
• Provide L3 support for the issues escalated by the L1.5/L2 team
• Understand the code flow and application functions
What we’re looking for
• A minimum of 5 years of experience required with Java/Java Spring technologies
• Extensive experience in developing Micro services using Spring framework
• Hands on experience with Test Driven Development and methodologies
• Well versed (and opinionated) on what makes a good REST API
• 4+ experience in Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
• 4+ year experience applying design patterns and building on top of micro-services and REST based frameworks
• A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict – you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively
• Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals
• Experience of L3 support model a plus.
• Strong Experience with cloud native devops architectures (Azure preferred) and knowledge of containerized app deployments (Docker, AKS)
• Must provide weekly on call support on a rotation (Primary or Secondary) basis.
• Experience with an agile/scrum team environment
• Involvement in planning, refinement, estimation of stories / JIRAs
• At least 3 years of experience to read & understand application logs.
• Ability to write code on the fly (as and when needed)
• CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins etc
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role), Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.