In a world where change happens in a split second, our clients must master the art of balancing business transformation with operational excellence and cost reduction to protect their market leadership and safeguard their workforce.
They need the best and brightest talent to limit business disruption and foster future growth, all while striving to realize a new normal. In this context, it’s our people within Insights & Data that are the core enablers to support our clients in their growth journeys. To give our clients our best and brightest, we pride ourselves on being a fast-paced, fun, ethical place to work, where the “work hard, play hard” mentality holds true. Even more important is our clear commitment to creating a diverse workforce in all areas. In fact, for the ninth time in a row, Capgemini has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. In addition, we’ve been recognized as a top company for women by Working Mother Media.
Capgemini’s Insights & Data Americas practice is comprised of professionals with data, analytics, and AI expertise, covering the full data- and AI-powered transformation lifecycle. Our people extend into all industries we conduct work with our clients in the areas of; data science, data engineering, data strategy, intelligent process automation, data ecosystems, intelligent industry/IoT, enterprise management, customer-first marketing, and data partnerships/disruptors (such as SAP, Microsoft, Google, AWS, Snowflake, Oracle, Adobe, etc.).
We do great work at I&D that is at the forefront of innovation. We pride ourselves as an inclusive, talented, and accomplished workforce, so please contact us to explore your fit with us.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package-based solutions (e.g., SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
The successful candidate will have experience in architecting, implementing, and using Splunk solutions and applications to integrate data feeds and create content in a distributed computing environment. A key aspect of this job will be to help build and direct the Splunk technical capability. The candidate must have robust Splunk experience and be able to work collaboratively with diverse end users and a geographically distributed team.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Splunk Admin Certification on 7.3.5 or higher
• 5+ years’ experience with Splunk in a distributed, enterprise environment.
• Must be very comfortable administering servers from the command line and working with configuration files. (Ansible Automation, Python, RHEL 7)
• Comfortable working with bash, PowerShell, and batch scripts; ability to develop scripts in these languages to support Splunk deployments
• Strong experience and expertise engineering Splunk solutions for a variety of customers
• Experience in building Splunk Technology Add-ons and configuring field extractions for various data sources
• Experience deploying/managing Splunk indexer clusters and search head clusters
• Strong understanding of the underlying Splunk infrastructure and components (lookups, modular inputs, standard inputs, relationships between varying configuration files, etc.)
• Lead effort to ingest logs and data from various systems/applications
• Analyze logs for all major applications and come up with the most affected areas or reoccurring issues
• Good understanding of monitoring tools – App Dynamics, Science Logic, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Core Infra tools, etc.
• Experience working with other big data analytics solutions (Elastic Stack, Graylog, etc.) is a plus
GOOD TO HAVE:
• Experience maintaining non-Prod and Production systems with basic exposure to Linux and System Administration
• Integrations from Splunk to third-party systems using APIs
• Should have worked on application support tickets
• Worked on tickets using ServiceNow
• Experience being a part of Agile team
• Ability to work collaboratively with a globally distributed team
• Strong sense of self-motivation; ability to identify problems and develop solutions
• Ability and willingness to learn new things
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.