Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Visit us at https://www.capgemini.com/us-en/. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Data Centre Operations Manager – Datacenter Operations Lead
Travel: 10 – 25%
This role will collaborate with key business functions and other IT leaders to deliver the business objectives and contributing to operational excellence. This Role leads, plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Infrastructure Teams to provide and maintain the technology-based applications and services.
• The candidate will manage the Datacenter Operations including providing team members with career development guidance, assignment and prioritization of workload, performance reviews, personal and professional development coaching and all other aspect of personnel management.
• Responsible for periodically organizing and driving the evaluation of the architecture and the plan for future enhancements of the network environment.
• Responsible for overseeing the evaluation and selection of new products and services.
• Responsible for taking a lead role in overseeing active projects including but not limited to developing plans and schedules, interfacing with vendors, training personnel, the acquisition of hardware/software and team management.
• Creates best practice technical architecture models utilizing knowledge of industry and technical trends.
• Identifies and evaluates technical architecture to ensure solutions satisfy business requirements and performance goals.
• Document all diagrams, policies and procedures for newly deployed systems and review on yearly basis.
• Active participation in life cycle management ensuring that all owned infrastructure is kept secure using approved software updates. Assist with testing of all proposed software updates.
• Product lifecycle support for the platforms owned by the group including active monitoring for new patches, releases, and hotfixes. Work with vendors as required.
• Own and deliver large scale projects across multiple geographic regions.
• Work closely with the various regional operations teams to ensure that the Datacenter environment is actively monitored, and any issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
• Work with approved vendors when ordering equipment, services or renewing maintenance.
• Work with vendor support teams to resolve technical issues as required. Responsible for global support in geographically diverse corporation.
• Audit and review all system logs for issues and remedy or escalate as needed.
• Work with security to highlight and investigate incidents.
• Lead role in Disaster Recovery activities owned by the group.
• Manage teams of DC Services Teams (Servers, Storage, Backup, AD, Citrix and Database) while developing their skills and abilities.
• Accountable for end to end Infrastructure, transformation, and managing the cloud, on-premise datacenters, and bringing strong transformation experience to evaluate the internal technologies and transition to business-benefit outcomes
• Accountable for service automation, modernization of infrastructure and platform services, and reduction of core issues, effectively to contribute to operational excellence
• IT Quality, decreasing the cost of services, improving time to deliver, and decreasing risk.
• Provide thought leadership and influence to enable the Infrastructure Services team to embody digital business capabilities.
• Develop, maintain, and build effective working relationships with vendors and service providers, including periodic Performance review based on agreed SLA's.
• Develop plans to identify and fix root causes of outages and incidents following agreed upon change control and release management processes.
• Act as point of escalation for IT service delivery concerns from the business and IT management, ensuring business impacts are identified and discussed.
• Collaborate with project teams and application/service transition team to ensure that new services and upgrades are implemented without adverse impact the company’s critical core system.
• Design, develop, implement, and coordinate IT policies and procedures.
• Work with software development managers to forecast infrastructure needs and capacity planning
What You Bring:
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of experience in managing DC Operations in an Enterprise environments and datacenter manager
- SLA management
- ITIL knowledge and expertise
- Life Science industry experience
- Data Center technology experience – server, unix, windows, storage backup, etc
- Undergraduate degree required in computer science, engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with others
- High level of creativity and innovation in problem solving
- High level of analytical ability to deal with complex problems
- Responsible for solutions delivered by projects which can exceed 1 million dollars
- Strong competency in the efficient and effective use of solution design supporting applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Visio
- Relevant manufacturer technical certification in Servers and Storage
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.