About DCX – Digital Customer Experience
The Capgemini Digital Customer Experience (DCX) practice specializes in driving business value and customer engagement at each stage of the customer journey from marketing and sales to commerce and service. By combining proven methodologies, deep technical expertise, design and strategy, its talented teams take an integrated approach to addressing the total experience, for both customers and employees. By creating immersive experiences that engage and convert, brands can realize their CX vision and get the future they want.
About Our Culture
Capgemini is a dynamic company that looks for team members to grow with us. We are committed to supporting you to GET THE FUTURE YOU WANT. That is our commitment to every employee. Capgemini offers a generous total rewards package, including flexible hours, autonomy, transparency, and a diverse and inclusive culture. With 11 Employee Resource Groups, we are committed to supporting your causes and getting involved in your community to help make it better. We have an electrical spirit and encourage professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Capgemini employee shares one inspired mission: To be bold; to be YOU.
Join us to get the future you want!
As a senior system architect, you will identify the tasks and responsibilities on a Pega Implementation, create and extend a Pega application, Manage rules and rulesets, leverage the Enterprise Class Structure (ECS) to promote rule reuse between case types and applications, configure roles, access groups, and privileges, manage data access within an application, create wizards to configure a sequence of assignments, design applications for multiple device types and screen sizes, including mobile devices and manage integration settings.
- Pega PRPC version 7 platform experience
- Experience with process methodology, development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative) strongly preferred.
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills and system integration skills.
- Pega Senior Systems Architect Certification.
- 5 plus years of Pega implementations
- Experience designing and developing process-based solutions or BPM (business process management)
- Experience in various rules and features like Flows, Activities, User Interface, Flow Actions, Agents, SLA, Correspondence, Single-Sign-On, External Authentication, PRPC Security, Reports, Listeners (File, MQ), Connectors and SOAP Services etc
- Experience in full PRPC implementation cycle including enterprise Class Structure design and Rulesets design
- Perform code reviews and ensure compliance with application quality, coding, UI and Corporate standards, including review alert logs, running pre-flight and PAL.
- Enforce best practices in PEGA architecture / design / coding
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Integrate multiple technologies using Pegasystems
- Architect, design, and develop advanced customizations utilizing Pega
- Optimize solutions by performing detailed code and design reviews
- Disseminate best practices on solution positioning and delivery
- Mentor junior team members in Pega technology best practices
- Manage offshore resources and provide technical specs to developers
A global leader in consulting, technology, services, and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.