We are seeking an executive-facing role to provide deep expertise in Global Supply Chain in the Consumer Products industry, specifically in the FMCG sub-segment, either food or non-food, complemented by relevant consulting experience, specifically able to share a vision of the future of this space and roll up their sleeves to design and architect that future. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing team critical to Capgemini’s strategic imperatives (as evidenced by recent and planned investments in the space, etc.).
The FMCG Supply Chain Capability Lead role manages this capability and will support strategically important and large accounts to grow and develop business, in an effort to help those clients achieve their goals in areas like integrated operations, continuous touchless planning and control towers, with an emphasis on digital, integrated operations (including digital sales and operations planning). The resource should be experienced in developing resilient supply networks and in developing value across the chain. In addition to the sales and business development aspect of the role, this leader will also lead projects and engagements. He/She/They will help Capgemini to expand our footprint and enter new clients within the FMCG segment.
Key charter areas include:
- Executive visionary and industry-domain story-teller who articulates a compelling vision to executive clients
- Develop engaging techniques and materials for new business development that goes beyond pitching offers
- Represent Capgemini’s CP&R practice as an industry-domain ambassador. Contribute to the development of external-facing IP and thought leadership
- Ultimate goal: Increase top line growth, deepen client intimacy, deliver Group capabilities with stronger industry talent and develop reputational capital for the Group as an industry leader
- Scale new opportunities in tier-1 large, midsize and new clients
- Capability leader will hold top line KPIs for global expectation of the capability
- Utilization target including client delivery and NBD
- Global Enablement
- Enable knowledge management to house and distribute stories, case studies, solution frameworks, quals and marketing material
- Work with and develop Global Business Line support for selling and delivery of capability
- Share domain stories and industry-relevant capabilities
- Improve global brand recognition through external speaking roles, thought leadership publication, analyst briefings, and press
- Source CP&R business opportunities leveraging Group relationships with strategic and niche partners
- Identify and develop strategic partner relationships to solution and co-market capability
• Solid experience in Supply Chain in the Consumer Products industry, specifically from a tier one FMCG, food or non-food, complemented by relevant consulting experience is ideal.
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to set the executive vision for and then drive transformational programs.
• Must be credible on the business side and project side – business value in terms of supply chain in FMCG; project experience with consulting aspects along with sector domain experience.
• Deep understanding of the business and technology aspects of Supply Chain with the ability to utilize that knowledge effectively with clients.
• Demonstrated business development and deal origination experience and capability
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively at the C-level; demonstrated ability to have a significant impact with clients. Maintains current executive level relationships.
• Strong leadership and communication skills: an ability to evaluate and communicate the pros and cons of different approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate large engagements and be able to mentor, develop and coach team members.
• Supply Chain platform architecture and application knowledge
• Highly principled and ethical
• Entrepreneurial; ability to work effectively with less top down control.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.