As a Strategic Marketer for Capgemini Engineering, Capgemini Group’s Engineering, Research and Development (ER&D) business line, you are a business leader and advisor first and foremost; a strong storyteller and savvy digital marketer with good industry expertise as a foundation. Your role is to take a customer-first, industry-centric, content-rich campaign approach with our activities in the market to elevate our brand and help grow the business.
Success in the role requires:
- A strategic thinker who will build trust as an advisor to the business, challenge the status quo, and prioritize programs based on strategic impact to the business
- A strong analytical mind in architecting a measureable, outcome-based marketing program
- A savvy networker and collaborator with the ability to earn credibility and influence among a complex group of stakeholders
- A resourceful marketing professional who can navigate a network of suppliers and agencies to develop programs with a rich mix of marketing strategies
- An inspiring leadership approach and work ethic that builds and excites team members (in a virtual team environment) and drives growth collectively
- An appetite to know everything about customer challenges and opportunities with the ability to translate that knowledge into insightful, thought leadership-driven outreach to prospective and current customers
- A sharp understanding of the competitive landscape in the markets where Capgemini focuses with the ability to identify areas of opportunities for growth
- An ability to direct the creation of compelling content and help tell rich, voice-of-customer stories in the market
- A quick-thinker, agile, innovative, creative—both a 30,000-feet visionary and the on-the-ground executor in a fast-paced environment
The Capgemini Engineering strategic marketer will work with the line of business team to develop a marketing strategy for the practice, define the target audience and develop an execution plan to increase mind share and market share for Capgemini’s services and solutions. Across the US and Canada, the markets we compete in demonstrate huge growth potential, strong competitors, a vibrant partner ecosystem and one in which Capgemini has made strategic investments. Additionally, the marketer is accountable for campaign execution, sales-marketing integration, and must hold high standards in operational marketing excellence.
- Develop marketing strategy and programs that bring key line of business solutions to market and establish the Capgemini brand as an essential, respected technology and business partner for companies.
- Define a marketing strategy that opens up net new revenue streams and/or creates velocity on existing pipeline.
- Create a view of competitive white space to inform a targeted marketing strategy; leveraging analytic tools and industry data. Launch programs or offers that convert whitespace to interest and close.
- Conceptualize initiatives targeting top accounts to increase awareness for cross- and upsell opportunities and to accelerate purchase.
Marketing Campaign Execution
- Create customer-relevant campaigns that generate conversations with buyers and influencers that support the overall business strategy and meet key marketing objectives (awareness, interest, purchase, and advocacy).
- Deliver fully integrated marketing campaigns leveraging a mix of tactics such as digital marketing, industry events, executive conferences, immersive customer experiences, and media and analyst relations.
- Amplify ongoing customer and peer success through the identification, development and publication of voice-of-customer references and stories. Responsible for influencing overall media strategy and analyst relationships.
- Identify business opportunities via campaigns with and through partner marketing aligned to key priority campaigns.
- Ensure sales and go-to-market integration and activation of marketing campaigns including content, digital, and social marketing tactics.
- Oversee the creation of impactful content that demonstrate Capgemini’s leadership in engineering, research and development, including thought leadership, offering materials, and foundational messaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization including senior leadership, third-party industry strategy groups and associations, senior partner executives, press and analysts. You need to be proactive, decisive, resourceful, and detail- and results-oriented; be innovative in your marketing approach while at the same time disciplined about measuring impact and effectiveness.
Experience & Qualifications
- Highly collaborative, proactive and innovative way of working
- 20+ years of experience in marketing in a large, matrixed, multinational organization; IT/Consulting or Services marketing preferred
- BA/BS degree is required
- Experience working with a remote-based team spanning multiple US cities and countries
- Possess strong communication skills (written, verbal, analytical)
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.