Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: ITS Consultant 2
An ITS Consultant provides advisory, business case, IT strategy and roadmap, high level architecture, low level architecture and design in all areas of Infrastructure. He/She can develop client propositions and business cases, manage engagements, lead teams, mentor staff, deliver thought leadership and develop services and offers. An ITS Consultant is a client facing role and involves building client relationships, identifying and developing opportunities, producing bids. Depending on grade, some or all of these are applicable. At the more senior grade business develop, consulting and architecture responsibilities increase. At the more junior grades, the focus is more on subject matter expertise.
Achievement to the standard required year on year of relevant KPIs such as sales, utilization and contribution and knowledge development targets defined at a business unit and personal level.
• Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
• Maintaining, administering, Installing, and configuring networking hardware
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware with an emphasis in Cloud Network solutions
• Lead technical direction in designing and implementing Cloud Network solutions for corporate technical infrastructure and business applications
• Ability to implement, administer, and trouble shoot network infrastructure devises, including routers, switches, and firewalls
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
• Works with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations to improve network, system, and application architectures.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
• Complete end-to-end, full lifecycle network designs
• Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability.
• Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
• Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, software defined networking, cloud infrastructure, management, and security, including integration with certain select 3rd party products.
• Maintain technical credibility within the industry and your field of expertise through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions and enabling technologies and company’s industry conferences and events.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience managing/architecting Network technologies
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with cloud-based network infrastructures
• Solid skills in network architecture, and Hybrid Cloud solutions
• Design and implement Cloud Network solutions
• Articulate on the benefits of cloud based technology to clients
• Provide technical demonstrations and use cases of the Cloud Network solutions
• Ensuring network infrastructure is working at optimal levels
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Expert level knowledge of Routing/Switching, and Firewall solutions.
• Strong knowledge of Software Defined Network (SDN) technologies
• Strong experience with VPN solutions including different types of IPSec endpoints
• Expert level knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, UDLD, VDC, and CDP
• Expert knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP
• Experience with internal and external documentation written to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences.
• Affinity for broad-spectrum, iterative, continuous improvement to affect capability maturity growth.
• Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
• Successful candidate will be self-motivated. Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
• Certification of CCIE or CCDE. Written desired, Lab preferred
• Solid practical understanding of virtualization and cloud solutions powered by AWS, Google Cloud or MS Azure
• Prior experience in programming and scripting languages is desirable
• Good understanding of service providers is desirable
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law