Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Managing Consultant, Product Management & Strategy
New York | San Francisco
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.125 billion.
Our frog Customer First practice aims at helping our clients, across various industries, generate growth by becoming a Data-driven Experience Brand. Our clients need to deliver the experience their customers want, every day, across multiple touch points. The customer experiences they create have to reflect their brand positioning—through content that aligns the company’s purpose with the customer experience, in real time. Our focus of support is around Brand adaptation, business reinvention, customer experience elevation and operation mastering. Our audiences notably include CMO, CDO, CEO or Chief Experience Officers. Expanding our frog Customer First capability is a global priority of the development of Capgemini group in the coming months.
We are seeking an experienced Managing Consultant to join our Capgemini Invent division and serve as a leader within our frog Customer First practice who has:
- Experience in Brand Transformation, CX/Digital Marketing Strategy and/or Execution, Digital Product and/or Service Design, and/or Digital Transformation
- Experience with an established management consulting firm and/or digital marketing services or Customer Experience provider
- Experience working as a product management and/or product ownership capacity, ideally within a consulting environment, with direct experience both establishing a new product management capability and optimizing an existing one
- Established people leader with experience leading and mentoring direct reports
Primary responsibility areas include: Product management-based delivery and capability-building, project management, content development and practice involvement, with exposure to business/account development within our Brand and Customer Experience domain focus.
Product Management-based delivery and capability-building
- Lead product management on behalf of clients:
- Establish product management structure, value streams, and product architecture based on established business objectives and corporate strategy
- Define and baseline measurable KPIs at the business-strategic and product-level, identifying sources and uses of key data to drive decision-making
- Guide and set product strategy based on consumer/product research, business objectives, analytics data, stakeholder interests, etc.
- Conduct or guide customer/user research to inform product needs
- Create and manage product roadmap(s) and direct product team(s) and plan work in a structured manner, including alignment & prioritization of new product work
- Work in an agile delivery setting
- Contribute to capability-building for product management and Customer First practice:
- Lead and coach product owners and other product management practitioners
- Recruit and hire staff to support this capability
- Build training plans and training materials to develop practice skills
- Help define and shape product management capability’s structure and needs, in partnership with practice leadership
- Be a visible member of the Customer First community of practice.
Project Management and Delivery
- Demonstrate strong consulting and advisory skillset including analytical capabilities, ability to synthesize content and translate it into recommendations, deliverables, financial models
- Drive blended teams of management consultants, experience designers, technology, data strategists, and implementation specialists to deliver according to plan (scope, quality and time).
- Contribute to the design of new digital capabilities, business processes, organizational designs, governance structures and measurement programs to meet client needs
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations and data to create structured actions.
- Build a network within the Capgemini group and contribute to education of other Business Units around the Customer First practice offerings to support existing account expansion.
- Play a significant role in client proposals and RFP responses from initial brief to final sales presentations.
- Nurture and expand existing account relationships.
- Identify potential personal business relationships that can be leveraged by the practice to develop new business.
- 6+ years of experience in customer experience design, data strategy, marketing and sales strategy, customer experience transformation, and/or loyalty at an established management consulting firm and/or digital agency.
- 6+ years of experience in managing the successful delivery of consultative engagements / digital projects across multiple clients. Exposure to one or more of Financial Services, Manufacturing, Consumer Products and Retail sectors is highly preferred.
- Strong core consulting skills, including: meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, inductive/ deductive reasoning, client interviewing, issue analysis, data analysis, process design, and change management.
- Ideally, certified in Agile methodologies and/or Product Management (e.g. Scaled Agile Fmwk.)
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong presence with good relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- BA or BS degree is required, prefer advanced degree such as an MBA from a top tier program
- Up to 85% travel.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law