Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: ITS Consultant 2
An ITS Consultant provides advisory, business case, IT strategy and roadmap, high level architecture, low level architecture and design in all areas of Infrastructure. He/She can develop client propositions and business cases, manage engagements, lead teams, mentor staff, deliver thought leadership and develop services and offers. An ITS Consultant is a client facing role and involves building client relationships, identifying and developing opportunities, producing bids. Depending on grade, some or all of these are applicable. At the more senior grade business develop, consulting and architecture responsibilities increase. At the more junior grades, the focus is more on subject matter expertise.
Achievement to the standard required year on year of relevant KPIs such as sales, utilization and contribution and knowledge development targets defined at a business unit and personal level.
What You Bring:
The Managing ITS Consultant role is dedicated to one of the seven parts of the ITS Framework: IT Strategy, Integration & Governance, Security, Datacenters & Virtualization, Personal Productivity, Network & Infrastructure and Data Management.
• Capable of interfacing at CXO level.
• Acts as stream lead on complex consulting engagements and is proficient at analysing and assessing commercial benefits.
• Contributes to multiple winning bids and is a technical lead of a significant bid. Is successful at winning pull-through or add-on business to existing accounts and has strong knowledge of at least two service offers.
• Experienced staff specialising in enterprise-wide infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation.
• Has led a minimum of one complex engagement either consulting or project and is able to present the Capgemini view.
• Active coach and mentor and reviewer who helps develop staff.
• ITE level 2 / 3 might be applicable.
• Strong technologist and proven skills.
• Strong client facing skills.
• Self-starter and resilient.
• Leadership of self – Focus on what is important – Boldness – Say what you do, do what you say.
• Leadership of others Inspiring & motivating – Teamwork and collaboration – Empowerment.
• Leadership of Organization Ambition – See it, sell it, deliver it – Being the one to beat.
Adherence to the Company Core Attributes and Values
Minimum 10+ years of DBA experience (Oracle, DB2, SQL) with minimum 5 years operational experience in Exadata.
• Minimum 5 years in working with current version of Oracle DB’s
• At least One – End to end support of Migration from Oracle RAC to Exadata experience.
• Experience in backup and recovery using RMAN.
• Experience with upgrade from 9i/10g to 12c to current
• Comfortable working in fast-paced environment to tight deadlines with little supervision.
• Strong written communications and documentation experience.
• Ability to Communicate and Distill information based on Audience – Technical / Non- Technical and Executive Leadership
• Certification: Oracle Certified DBA, Oracle Exadata Administrator
• SQL Tuning. Ability to use Exadata features like HCC, Small Scan, Storage Indexes on poorly performing SQLs
• Experience in setting up DR using Data Guard
• Experience in migrating from Disparate Operating Systems to Exadata
• Expertise in Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Expertise in Oracle ZFS usage across Exadata Boxes
• Experience in debugging the issues related to Storage, Network and OS configuration related to Database Environment
• Demonstrated experience in RAC installation and migrations
• Experience in operating system that run oracle (Redhat, Oracle Linux)
• Cloud experience would be an asset (Google, Azure AWS, Oracle)
C: Degrees, certifications/training: Certification: Oracle Certified DBA, Oracle Exadata Administrator
D: Industry expertise: 10 years Oracle DBA experience including 5 years Exadata experience
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law