SAP FICO Lead (Senior Manager) – S/4 Hana
18+ years IT Experience on SAP S/4 HANA implementations a plus• In-depth knowledge of general accounting and SAP General Ledger (GL, AP, AR, FA, Tax and baseline CO) modules
• Strong knowledge and working experience with SAP new GL module (S/4 Hana experience preferred)
• Experience in designing and defining Organizational structure, and the chart of accounts structure within SAP by transforming business requirements into system specifications to meet current and future requirements
• Knowledgeable about IFRS/GAAP accounting. Experience with multi-national company and Intercompany transactions, eliminations and finacial consolidations
• Experience as FICO lead on at least 2-3 FLC implementations, and as a sub-module lead on at least 5-8 implementations. Experienced managing on and offshore resources and deliverables.
• Experience conducting blueprint workshops for FICO areas, designing test scripts, developing complex functional specifications
•Solid understanding and experience of integrating SAP GL module with at least two other SAP modules like MM, SD, PM and FICO sub-modules
• Has developed training document and delivered end-user training
• Help document and coordinate go-live activities, perform post go-live support and transition project(s) to long term support
• Create business process diagrams including business process procedures as necessary
• Maintain a high level of functional competency regarding standard configuration and SAP functionality by staying aware of new trends & future enhancements • Strong problem solver. Strong communicator. Highly collaborative. Strong C-Level executive presence. Bachelor's degree required
• Must be detail oriented, self-directed and have strong independent problem solving skills
• Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
• Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
• Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
• Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
• A strong track record of professional success, preferably in the Consulting Services arena
• Weekly travel to project location/client site required
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You have a leading role in projects with strong client exposure. You are responsible for functional and technical guidance over the whole project or application lifecycle and you act as a client-facing lead developer. You drive sales opportunities within your area of responsibility. You know future developments in several applications and/or technologies and you are seen as subject matter expert within your unit and beyond.
• Qualification: 12+ years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE level 2 and seeking level 3.
• Should be master in Package Configuration.
• Must have experience in Architecture Knowledge, Testing and Vendor Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge & Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.