Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: Managing Delivery Architect – AWS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Main Purpose of the Role:
This is a hands-on cloud engineering role, with a focus on migrating clients workloads to the cloud, reporting to the Cloud Projects and Consulting Director for the Infrastructure Services Global Cloud Practice. The purpose of the role is to focus on delivering infrastructure migrations to public cloud for large, global clients. This role includes ownership of technical, commercial, and service elements related to cloud migration project engagements along with building IaaS/PaaS infrastructure landing zones.
The successfully hired candidate will ensure high customer satisfaction delivering migrations of client’s environments to public cloud. The candidate would ensure a highly satisfied customer experience and drive to reduce labor input, costs, implementation time, and time to benefit. The candidate will help increase profit margins and enhance consistent delivery and operational efficiency. The candidate must expect to work in parallel across multiple deals and look to assist in the industrialization of the process to support the rapid timescales opportunities demand. The successful candidate must have a fully flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
Key Role & Responsibility:
The Cloud Solution Architect/Engineer specializing in migrations is a cloud role in the project delivery cycle with hands on experience migrating customers to the cloud. This role will work closely with clients, partners, and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful. He/she must be fully flexible and mobile across the US and possibly EMEA for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group
• Demonstrated experience in cloud infrastructure project deals for hands on migration to public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
• Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration
• Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies.
• Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Bosh, Terraform or an equivalent.
• Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs such as SQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB.
• Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
• A working understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.
• A working understanding with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or equivalent
• A working understanding of scheduling and orchestration with tools such as: kubernetes, Mesos swarm or equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge about AIPs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers.
• Have a fully-flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
The ability to understand and communicate the following at an executive level both internally and externally:
• Experience with cloud migration technologies such as AWS SMS, Azure Migrate, Plate Spin, CloudEndure.
• AWS or Azure trained / certified architect – e.g. Amazon Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional Level
• Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
• Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques and workflows (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
• Configuration, migration and deployment experience in three or more of the following:
o AWS apps technologies such as RDS, Elastic Beanstalk
o Azure or AWS IaaS Technologies
o Deployed applications with Web UI front ends
o Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
o Experience building private AMI’s on VPC’s
o LAMP Stack and Linux experience
o High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations
• Experience architecting and deploying multi-tiered applications.
• Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
• Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using Java, Microsoft and Database technologies
• Experience in performance tuning, including the following ; (load balancing, web servers, content delivery Networks, Caching (Content and API))
• Experience as principal technical lead on at least one major project.
• Good understanding of application architectures
• Experience in designing and architecting applications using latest as well as legacy Microsoft technology stack including ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, Classic ASP, VB6, Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in large scale data center migration
What You Bring:
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
• Architectural certification (e.g TOGAF)
• Experience implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery life cycle.
• Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
• Experience in consulting or service provider roles (internal, or external);
• Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of the enterprise project life cycle
• A degree-level education is highly desirable
• Team lead and program or project management experience
• Experience using database technologies like Oracle, MySQL i and understanding of NoSQL, MongoDB is preferred.
• Automation experience with either Chef or Puppet
• Experience in designing or implementing data warehouse solutions is highly preferred.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law