Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
The Python Developer participates in the firmware and product functional testing activities in Industrial Automation domain in iterative Agile environment.
Work assignments include test automation requirements analysis, design, and implementation.
The position requires also design and development of automated functional tests in CI/CD environment.
This role requires strong communications skills and ability to work effectively in large project teams.
Domain and Technical Skills:
• Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments
• General understanding of 230-480VAC industrial power conversion equipment
• Experience applying object-oriented design methods, preferable using Python
• Experience in design and implementation of automated test cases, preferable in Python
• Knowledge of Ethernet networking (TCP/IP, TLS, DTLS)
• Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment and tools like TeamCity or Jenkins
• Understanding of model design techniques such as UML
Qualifications & Soft Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• At least 4 years of experience in developing test automation system, preferable in Python
• Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Very good command of English
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.