The Internal Communications Lead will be responsible for architecting and executing the overarching strategy for Capgemini in the Americas. The successful candidate is a strong leader with C-suite acumen, who thrives on accountability, has a passion for driving flawless execution, and is adept at juggling competing priorities from multiple global stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success managing global programs in highly matrixed organizations. Furthermore, they should be an expert communicator who is willing and able to think outside the box with bold strategies but also be comfortable regularly getting “into the weeds” to ensure a program’s success.
Strong attention to detail, along with strong writing and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content are essential. The candidate should have strong knowledge in all aspects of corporate communications, understanding the innate interconnectivity of internal organizational communications, executive communications, PR, events, speakers’ bureau and social media.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- In alignment with Capgemini Group, design an internal communications strategy that spans all areas of the business.
- Execute internal communications plan by leading a team of communications professionals across a spectrum of geographies.
- Develop a platform for key executive leaders of the business.
- Being the first line of contact for internal crisis communications.
- Establish priorities based upon a clear understanding of strategic relevance.
- Within plan, define corresponding deliverables, scope, activities and milestones
- Monitor activities and deliverables to track progress against the schedule, resolve risks/issues, manage changes, and successfully deliver quality project requirements on-time.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure alignment and achievement of the plan, including vendor management and contract negotiation
- Build-out and continuously improve internal processes and procedures to improve execution and overall decision-making.
- Work closely with communications lead on quarterly goal setting and mechanisms throughout the year to successfully deliver our goals.
- 5-10% travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 5-10 years of well-rounded experience in internal communications in positions of increasing responsibility
- 5-10 years of running high-performance communications teams in highly matrixed organizations
- Proven success at architecting and executing internal communications programs in highly-matrixed, global organizations.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to thrive in complex organizations with multiple constituents up to and including C-Suite executives, and the ability to work with creative teams and serve diverse audiences.
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver against extremely tight deadlines.
- Highly flexible; able to mobilize the cross-functional team to quickly respond to unanticipated needs.
- This individual must be a highly motivated self-starter, who is comfortable collaborating as part of a team or working independently.
- She/he should have excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and be able to multitask. She/he should be able to work in both Macintosh and PC environments and have at least intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, in particular) preferred
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.