The Magento Technical Lead is a senior development/supervisory position and supervises the day-to-day activity of development team (back-end developers and/or front-end developers) and functions as a project team’s most senior applications engineer. The role will partner functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect (TA), and the Project Manager (PM). The Teach Lead can be involved in sprint planning, running daily scrums, performing code reviews, and communicating with team members on both progress and roadblocks. The role can also be called upon to perform software development and is expected and required to have and maintain the skills of a Senior Application Engineer on the Magento 2 Platform.
• Capable of successfully leading projects – Large Complex projects or multiple Small Size projects
• Proficient in
• Core Ecommerce functionalities and Magento 2 specific customization.
• understanding of Magento 2 architecture
• full-stack web application development on the Magento 2 platform
• managing the administration of the Magento 2 platform
• using and managing version control through Git – including planning & creating branches and performing merges.
• effectively documenting complex functionality in code and documentation.
• Ability to lead, enforce, and help define development standards.
• Current Developer certification in the Magento platform or ability to obtain such certification within 3 months of hire.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts.
• Solid understanding of the MVC paradigm.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Strong organization skills – scheduling, prioritizing, planning, tracking.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
Roles and responsibilities:
• Prescribing the software design, including design patterns, that will be used for development of software modules, integrations, and customizations
• Providing direction to developers on Magento 2 Platform facilities, API’s, jobs, scripts, and frameworks should be used for the features that they have been assigned to develop.
• Providing necessary documentation (formal as necessary) for a specific suggested implementation of a feature to quickly relay a message on how it will be implemented
• Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint
• On smaller projects with 2-3 developers, coding complex tasks; on larger projects, providing software design guidance to developers for the more complex tasks
• Performing code reviews with development team members, submitting inspection forms and signoff on the integrity of the work checked in to the project
• Consistent communication with developers regarding task requirements, approach, and status.
• Periodic client communications (client meetings, client written communications, client technical advisement, consultative professionalism).
• Participate in internal communities for knowledge sharing and thought leadership
• Minimum 7 years recent experience in web development
• Minimum 4 years recent experience in Ecommerce projects
• Minimum 3+ years recent experience in the Magento 2 platform
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.