• SAP Program Management Resource will assist in various SAP S/4 HANA programs/projects related to technology and service transitions. Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks, and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, implementing mitigations to risks, and driving actions to close issues.
• Provide project leadership to include ability to discuss and champion the business case for change to a business audience, and actively participate and execute high value business solutions. Role includes program planning and deployment, budget management, P&L management, risk management, operations transformation, systems integration, and software development.
• Creating and negotiating statements of work, program planning and milestone creation, financial reporting. Fluent in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
• Experience working with offshore development rationalizing development work and leading execution.
• Evaluate, plan for, and drive organizational change. Assist in managing the approach, tools and processes that will be used to support business transition events
• Good command of Microsoft office suite of tools, strong experience with MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint, Clarity PM and JIRA (Agile Project Management)
• Leading multiple Scrum teams to successfully complete contracted work through constant and clear communication, strong leadership, and development of relationships amongst team members, client peer group, and all stakeholder. PMP certification desired, Scrum Master certification required
• Strong problem solver. Strong communicator. Highly collaborative. Strong C-Level executive presence. Bachelor's degree required;
• Must be detail oriented, self-directed and have strong independent problem solving skills
• Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
• Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
• Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
• Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
• A strong track record of professional success, preferably in the Consulting Services arena
• Travel required to project location/client site require
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
– A minimum of 12 years experience with client facing consulting engagements
– A minimum of 12 years experience managing multiple projects, assigning and managing work activities, meeting deadlines and developing project management reporting
– A minimum of 12 years experience working with the design, implementation, and support of knowledge management solutions and related technologies for collaborative information sharing
– A minimum of 12 full life cycle large project implementations
– A minimum of 12 years experience working with current solution configuration and process
– A minimum of 15 years in a Delivery Lead role leading a project team both onshore and offshore
– A minimum of 15 years knowledge of integration points and the order in which they must be executed
– A minimum of 15 years functional leadership experience in related solution
– Proven experience managing and leading small to large teams
– Extensive experience with management consulting or consulting services
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong executive presence and ability to interact with top executives
– Successful teamwork experience & demonstrated leadership abilities
– Bachelors Degree in a related area of study
– 15+ years of related work experience
– MUST be willing to travel extensively
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.