Market Unit (MU) Controller
Capgemini is a leading consulting, technology, outsourcing and local professional services provider. The Business is broken down into Market Units (MUs) with the largest of these having circa $300m to $500m of revenue per annum.
The role reports to the MU Finance Controller and comes with the responsibility of managing the key processes of annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, month end closing and the financial / management reporting for a subset of the Market Unit eg Sector. In addition to helping the MU Controller support the overall business, there will be other specific responsibilities relating to supporting the management of the Client and Internal projects, including many aspects of the Order to Cash process.
Inevitably the role will mean working closely with the Business Management of the Units the role supports so there will be plenty of opportunity to become more rounded in your business skills. Some of the more specific skills required would include previous service industry experience, strong financial analysis background and solid working knowledge in Excel and other Microsoft products with executive level business presence and interpersonal communication skills.
– Budget – Overall responsibility for management of the budget processes
– Work with the Account Leadership Team to develop annual budgets
– Forecast – Manage monthly financial forecast process. Implement procedures to ensure forecast deliverables and variance analyses are met on a timely basis
– Month End Close- Manage month end close process to deliver accurate financials in the required deadlines
– Project Accounting – Managing the Project financials to ensure that the revenue and costs are being managed in line with the Group best practice and in line with International Accounting Standards
– Contract support – Understand the contractual requirements and Capgemini solutions to meet client deliverables
– Supporting the production of financial models for contract costing/pricing, particularly for new business opportunities
– New Deal / Bid support – working with the Bid teams to provide the financial creativity to win new business
– Management Reporting – Extract financial data out of Capgemini Corporate systems (mainly Oracle based) and develop/maintain reports that support the day to day operations of the accounts and service delivery areas. Analyze trends and variances.
– Special Projects – Perform and manage special projects as assigned and as identified within the role
– Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in financial management, accounting and reporting
– A recognized financial qualification such as CMA or CGA and committed to continual professional development
– Understands and can advise on, the implications of any changes to Accounting Standards
– Prior experience in the IT Services Sector would be a plus
– Preferred experience with Oracle Financials
– Excellent Microsoft skills (in particular Excel) and previous experience of Oracle Financials would be a benefit
– Ability to develop sustainable relationships at top management levels
– Possesses sound commercial skills and understanding
– Ability to Manage/Lead cross discipline teams
– Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
– Strong communication skills
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.