Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Location: Waukesha,WI
Job Description Summary
As a Software Test Automation Engineer, you’ll be working on developing an automated test and qualification software platform that provides automated mechanisms to benchmark computer HW performance, prove integration stability, verify requirements, and assess HW utilization. Be part of a team that’s developing the compute platforms for future healthcare products.
The Compute platform teams manages the entire lifecycle of the computer platforms used in GE Imaging products. This includes working with suppliers on future technology, defining and qualifying available technology now, and ensuring a long stable and reliable lifecycle for fielded products. The team develops platformed HW/OS solutions, manages design change qualification, and enables system level testing to be moved upstream to the platform level.
A leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
• Your main responsibility is to design, develop, and maintain the testing framework and automated test cases related to delivering high quality compute platforms
• Analyze results from current test cases and create a reporting framework to provide test results and summaries
• Look for continuous improvements in the testing methodology.
• Modernization and porting of existing tools to new platforms and/or operating systems as required.
• Develop Profiling performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the subsystem
• Ensure designed automation frameworks are highly efficient, extensible, flexible, reliable and require little to no manual support
• Establish clear expectations of scope and timing of deliverables and proactively provide status
• Follow well established principles for building robust and high-quality software products that are efficient and easy to maintain.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to gather test and use scenarios, design interfaces for test scripting and participate in technical design reviews
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related.
• Solid knowledge of Linux and Windows OS knowledge
• Well versed in multiple scripting and programming languages, for example, BASH, Python, C++, Java
• Good knowledge of software and hardware testing methodologies and processes
• Hands-on experience with compute HW, HW/OS, and HW/Application integration
• Knowledge of computer hardware and external Interfaces such as USB and Networking
• Experience translating requirements, use-cases into test plans, test cases and automated tests.
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Understanding of system design concepts and subsystem interactions and interfaces
• Experience with GITlab or other version control system
• 3 plus years of experience in developing and deploying automated tests for products from development through testing and verification activities.
• Previous experience with common testing frameworks, system utilization and profiling tools to measure HW/OS/Application interactions.
• Deep understanding of workstation and server-class hardware and OS integration
• Experience with multiple types of testing, i.e. regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, performance testing, security testing
• Strong troubleshooting skills with network, hardware, OS, virtual machines, and applications
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging tests and debugging complex design problems.
• Prior experience in medical device product