The Technical Lead (TECH LEAD) position is a senior development/supervisory position. The TECH LEAD position corresponds to the Development Technical Team Leader (Team Lead) role on projects, and supervises the day-to-day activity of development team (back-end developers and/or front-end developers) and functions as a project team's most senior applications engineer. The TECH LEAD reports organizationally to the Development Manager; however, he or she partners functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect (TA), and the Project Manager (PM) or Application Coordinator (AC).
The Demandware (SFCC) Technical Lead (Tech Lead) position is a senior development/supervisory position in the DCX Commerce organization. The position corresponds to the Development Technical Team Leader role on projects, and supervises the day-to-day activity of development team.
The Tech Lead can be involved in sprint planning, running daily scrums, performing code reviews, and communicating with team members on both progress and roadblocks.
On projects of smaller size and simple-to-intermediate complexity, the Tech Lead can be called upon to perform software development and is expected and required to have and maintain the skills of a Senior Application Engineer on the platform.
- Coaching front-end and back-end developers in their engineering approach, and helping foster improvement in applications engineering skills
- On smaller projects with 2-3 developers, coding complex tasks; on larger projects, providing software design guidance to developers for the more complex tasks.
- Identifying and promptly escalating roadblocks to the TA and/or PM/AC as appropriate.
- Participate on Improvement Teams relating to the DCX Commerce Delivery Standards – including participation in Sprint/Release/Project Retrospectives/Post-Mortems.
- Collaborate with TA/SA/CTA/CFED/CBED to identify if any existing component/s can be used for the customized code.
- Collaborate with TA/SA/CTA/CFED/CBED to identify an opportunity to develop new reusable component/s within upcoming project/s.
- Prescribing the software design, including design patterns, that will be used for development of software modules, integrations, and customizations
- Providing direction to developers on which platform facilities, API's, pipelines, scripts, and frameworks should be used for the features that they have been assigned to develop.
- Providing necessary documentation (formal as necessary) for a specific suggested implementation of a feature to quickly relay a message on how it will be implemented.
- Development Sprint Planning with the TA including Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint and Determining the branch and merge approach for each sprint.
- Creating and defining tasks in JIRA with sufficient detail for the developer to be able to execute the task – including estimates for hours and deadline
- Assigning tasks to resources having appropriate capabilities
- Ensure resources are optimally utilized – not sitting idle
- Developer Coaching – ensuring each Developer is equipped for success.
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Lead
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce B2C/Commerce Cloud (Formerly Demandware)
- Experience with end-to-end business architecture and supporting technical components for 2+ Demandware (SFCC) projects
- Capable of successfully leading a large size, or multiple small size or simple complexity projects
- Proficiency in core e-commerce functionalities and platform specific customization
- Understanding of platform specific architecture
- Proficient in developing web applications for the relevant focus (Front-End or Back-End) and platform (i.e. Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC)
- Proficient in effectively documenting complex functionality in code and documentation
- Ability to lead, enforce and help define development standards
- 3+ years of experience as SFCC Tech Lead
- 2+ years of SFRA experience
- Significant Consulting/client facing background
- Applicable Demandware (SFCC) certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count