The Magento Technical Architect will work hand in hand with the Business Development Managers and the Sales Engineer to help develop a strong understanding of the client needs from a technical perspective. They will assist in the estimation of the technical work effort required for all projects and provide analysis of scope requirements. Working with the technical team, they will architect the solution, translate use cases into technical development tasks and work with the Release Manager to ensure completed development tasks meet the customer requirements.
The Technical Architect interprets client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs. The Technical Architect provides guidance and oversight for the development team to ensure that both the process followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with Capgemini DCX Commerce development policies and standards.
• Leads the technical requirements definition during discovery meetings with the client team
• Defines and documents project technical requirements, creating architecture documentation in accordance with our guidelines and templates
• Performs analysis and review of licensing/development estimates to provide the complete cost of delivering a solution
• Manages technical risk related to complexity, data integration, scalability, and performance.
• Creates work estimates and documents assumptions to provide a solid foundation for proposals and change control
• Provides guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that the DCX Commerce delivery and development process, policies and standards are being followed
• Escalates any observed non-compliance with DCX Commerce delivery process to their manager
• Research and qualify software solutions to be implemented on a project (e.g. Extensions, LINK Cartridges, third-party OMS systems, analytics engines etc.) and provide software recommendations and estimates that meet project budgetary and functional requirements
• Prototypes solutions when necessary to validate that an approach will meet the customer's business requirements
• Defines the implementation and technical approach for customizations, interfaces, system architecture, data flow and data architecture/data model. Provides quality documentation to the development team for executing on this direction
• Immediately inform the PM of any risks or roadblocks identified with the project
• Plan development sprints with the Technical Lead (TL) and PM and participate in daily scrum calls
• If the Team Lead (TL) is not available, provides coverage for activities normally performed by the TL to minimize impact to the project timeline and budget
• Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
Key Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• 5-10 years of Technical Architecture experience
• Former experience architecting enterprise level e-commerce solutions
• Strong understanding of Open Source technologies
• Prior experience defining and creating technical frameworks
• Previous experience with Magento
• Current developer and architect certification for Magento.
• Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer
• Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist Certification
• Ability to map business requirements into the technical capabilities of the Ecommerce platform as well as guide client’s business needs back to the appropriate use of the platform.
• Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record of obtaining and exceeding goals
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
• Excellent Client-facing Presentation and Communication Skills
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.