Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Principal / Director – Life Sciences, Insights Driven Enterprise
Chicago | New York | San Francisco
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.125 billion.
Life Sciences Practice Overview
The Life Sciences industry is undergoing dramatic changes, impacted by patent expirations, patient empowerment, increased regulatory scrutiny, and stringent cost containment. While the industry continues to lower costs and consolidate, it is seeking new growth opportunities through innovation, diversification, and expansion in emerging markets. Capgemini Invent’s Life Sciences practice has partnered with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to help define and deliver their future state for more than 25 years. The dedicated team guides clients from strategy to execution across the value chain. The practice’s core focus areas are commercial and digital transformation, innovation, business agility, patient services, and patient experience.
Skilled across the product lifecycle, the team brings deep experience in early commercialization, product launch, brand growth, and lifecycle management. The team’s consultants help drive change and transform organizations. Leaders in digital transformation, the team has helped clients establish innovation incubators, develop digital medicine strategies, enhance patient experiences, and identify new revenue sources.
Scope & Responsibilities
A Principal/Director at Capgemini Invent is highly visible and makes a strong impact on our and our clients’ organizations. You will lead strategic engagements that define and design major transformations for our clients, and you will manage and expand relationships between Invent and our clients. In Business Development, you will partner with accomplished Invent and Capgemini Group executives to shape new opportunities and win new opportunities. You will play a critical role in our Management Consulting Team, driving the growth of the practice, mentoring and leading high-performing consultants, while continuously evolving and refining our service offerings and methodologies.
You will be member of the Global Life Sciences Leadership Team, and regularly exchange, align, and interact with colleagues across the world. As a true collaborator, you will partner with Capgemini colleagues from across the company, including those from Altran, Frog, F212, and other recent acquisitions.
Project Management and Delivery
- Provide strategic oversight and directly manage end-to-end project execution, driving teams to deliver according to plan (scope, quality, time, and value).
- Collaborate with clients to define and help realize long-term vision, goals, and strategies.
- Serve as a thought partner for senior executives, presenting and refining insights and recommendations
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations, models, and issues to create structured actions and recommendations
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development
- Build a network within the Capgemini Group and contribute to education of colleagues in other Business Units around Life Sciences Practice offerings in general and, more specifically, our Data & Analytics capabilities
- Identify potential personal business relationships, particularly in the Data & Analytics space, that can be leveraged by the Life Sciences Practice to develop new business
- Achieve or exceed practice and personal booking and revenue targets
- Drive proactive client proposals and RFP responses from initial brief to final presentations
- Cultivate client relationships to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Develop and help maintain Life Science Practice, account, and offering plans
- Build a network within the Capgemini Group and educate other Business Units about the Life Sciences practice offerings to support sales
- Nurture relationships on Capgemini key accounts.
Building Our Brand
- Drive thought leadership and innovative offerings as they relate to the impact of data, AI, and emerging technologies on the future of health and, more specifically, the industry’s transformation
- Take a lead role in expanding and strengthening the team through recruiting, training, and community-building
- Drive the upskilling of the Life Sciences team members on topics related to how data, analytics, AI, and emerging technologies will help fuel the industry’s transformation
- Provide mentoring and coaching for junior team members to support continuous professional development
- Responsible for assessing performance in consultation with the leadership team
Desired Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of 10+ years of Life Sciences expertise at an established management consulting and/or industry firm with focus in data, analytics, and business insights-related work in the Life Sciences Industry
- Considerable hands-on experience with various health-related data sets such as clinical, claims, and specialty channel data
- Significant experience with standard programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Strong ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Familiarity with various business intelligence tools such as Tableau and qlik
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio and Access are pluses)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and analyses in a manner that can be understood by both technical and business clients at all levels
- Strong presence with good relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of leading and managing both large and small teams
- Demonstrated contribution to thought leadership in Life Sciences
- Experience with client relationship management
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills within a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, poise, and ability to interact with executive level clients
- Reside within or be able to relocate to one of the three Capgemini Invent locations listed above
- Willingness to travel frequently, up to 80% as necessary
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or applicable Master’s degree with a concentration in Data Science highly preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini US LLC and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status. Capgemini is a Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equalemployment-opportunity-is-the-law