Vice President / Senior Director – Life Sciences
Chicago | San Francisco
Company Overview: Who are we?
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.125 billion.
Life Sciences Practice Overview
The Life Sciences industry is undergoing dramatic changes, impacted by patent expirations, patient empowerment, increased regulatory scrutiny, and stringent cost containment. While the industry continues to lower costs and consolidate, it is seeking new growth opportunities through innovation, diversification, and expansion in emerging markets.
Capgemini Consulting’s Life Sciences practice has partnered with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to help define and deliver their future state for more than 25 years. The dedicated team guides clients from strategy to execution across the value chain. The practice’s core focus areas center on commercial and digital transformation, innovation, business agility, patient services, and patient experience.
Skilled across the product lifecycle, the team brings deep experience in early commercialization, product launch, brand growth, and lifecycle management. The team’s consultants help drive change and transform organizations. Leaders in digital transformation, the team has helped clients establish innovation incubators, develop digital medicine strategies, enhance patient experiences, and identify new revenue sources.
The Opportunity: Scope & Responsibilities
A Sr. Director/Vice President at Capgemini Invent is highly visible and makes a strong impact on our and our clients’ organizations. You will drive strategic engagements that define and design major transformations for our clients, and you will manage and expand relationships between Invent and our clients. In Business Development, you will partner with accomplished Invent and Capgemini Group executives to shape new opportunities and win new opportunities. You will play a critical role in our Management Consulting Team, driving the growth of the practice, mentoring and managing high-performing consultants, while continuously evolving and refining our service offerings and methodologies.
You will be member of the Global Life Sciences Leadership Team, and regularly exchange, align, and interact with colleagues across the world. As a true collaborator, you will partner with Capgemini colleagues from across the company, including those from Altran, Frog, F212, and other recent acquisitions.
Project Management and Delivery
- Provide strategic oversight and directly manage end-to-end project execution, driving teams to deliver according to plan (scope, quality, time, and value).
- Collaborate with clients to define and help realize long-term vision, goals, and strategies.
- Serve as a thought partner for senior executives, presenting and refining insights and recommendations
- Simplify and bring clarity to complex situations, models, and issues to create structured actions and recommendations
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development
- Build a network within the Capgemini Group and contribute to education of colleagues in other Business Units around Life Sciences Practice offerings in general and, more specifically, our Commercial Business Advisory capabilities
- Identify potential personal business relationships, particularly in the Product Launch, Commercialization, & Patient Services space, that can be leveraged by the Life Sciences Practice to develop new business
- Achieve or exceed practice and personal booking and revenue targets
- Drive proactive client proposals and RFP responses from initial brief to final presentations.
- Cultivate client relationships to identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Develop and help maintain Life Science Practice, account, and offering plans
- Build a network within the Capgemini Group and educate other Business Units about the Life Sciences practice offerings to support sales.
- Nurture relationships on Capgemini key accounts.
Building Our Brand
- Drive thought leadership and innovative offerings as they relate to Product Launch, Commercialization, & Patient Services
- Take a central role in expanding and strengthening the team through recruiting, training, and community-building
- Drive the upskilling of the Life Sciences team members on Commercial topics
- Provide mentoring and coaching for junior team members to support continuous professional development
- Responsible for assessing performance in consultation with the leadership team
Our Ideal Candidate: Desired Skills and Experience
As a leader within Life Sciences you will be required to work and communicate with all levels of an organization, be knowledgeable of trends and challenges within your capability area. You will bring experience of delivering projects from a range of clients as well as an agile mindset with an understanding of relevant tools and techniques. You’ll bring an acute sense of market trends and hot topics about the issues facing our clients and delivering lasting and sustainable organization transformation to enable to you advise our clients.
In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
- A proven track record of 15+ Years of life sciences experience at an established management consulting firm with focus in one or more of the following areas:
- Brand Strategy / Value Story / Product Marketing
- Product Launch / Product Lifecycle Management
- Growth Strategy / Digital Medicine / Innovation “Beyond the Pill”
- IHN Go to Market / Commercial Model
- Patient Experience / Patient Services
- Proven track record of leading and managing both large and small teams
- Demonstrated contribution to thought leadership in Life Sciences
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills within a team environment
- Demonstrated gravitas, poise, and the ability to influence at the executive level
- Reside within or be able to relocate to one of the three Capgemini Invent locations listed above
- Willingness to travel frequently, up to 80% as necessary
- Undergraduate degree required; PharmD, MBA, or applicable Master's degree with a concentration in Public Health, Healthcare, Biomedical, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, etc. highly preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner
Joining the Capgemini Invent family means joining a team that places innovation and new technologies at the heart of digital transformation to help our clients deliver better business outcomes quickly and successfully with an agile, iterative methodology.
Capgemini Invent positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace, committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law