A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
About Infrastructure Services :
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering, and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Google Cloud Platform Security Consultant
This is an hands on cloud security role, with a focus on migrating clients workloads to the cloud, reporting to the Cloud Projects and Consulting Director for the Infrastructure Services Global Cloud Practice. The purpose of the role is to focus on delivering infrastructure migrations to public cloud for large, global clients. This role includes ownership of technical, commercial and service elements related to cloud migration project engagements along with building IaaS/PaaS infrastructure landing zones.
The successfully hired candidate will ensure high customer satisfaction delivering migrations of client’s environments to public cloud. The candidate would ensure a highly satisfied customer experience and drive to reduce labour input, costs, implementation time, and time to benefit. The candidate will help increase profit margins and enhance consistent delivery and operational efficiency. The candidate should expect to work in parallel across multiple deals and look to assist in the industrialisation of the process to support the rapid timescales opportunities demand. The successful candidate must have a fully-flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, post covid.
Key Role & Responsibility:
- 3-4 years working experience in Information Technology industry
- 1-2 years working experience in a consulting company
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Google Cloud Platform training and Google Professional Security Engineer Certification
- Provides hands-on implementation of security infrastrucutre on GCP, inlcuding experience with deploying IAM, network security (both Google and third-party), VPC Service Controls, and other technologies to support client security/ compliance requirements.
- Experience with Google Migrate cloud migration technology
- Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques and workflows (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Good understanding of application architecture
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
- Experience of consulting or service provider roles (internal, or external);
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of enterprise project lifecycle
- Experience using database technologies like Oracle, MySQL i and understanding of NoSQL, MongoDB is preferred.
- Experience automation experience with either Chef or Puppet or similar
Position located in Toronto, Ontario Canada – Remote work to start then onsite
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.