Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Senior Consultant – Life Sciences, Data & Analytics
Chicago | New York | San Francisco
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.125 billion.
Life Sciences Practice Overview
The Life Sciences industry is undergoing dramatic changes, impacted by patent expirations, patient empowerment, increased regulatory scrutiny, and stringent cost containment. While the industry continues to lower costs and consolidate, it is seeking new growth opportunities through innovation, diversification, and expansion in emerging markets. Capgemini Invent’s Life Sciences practice has partnered with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to help define and deliver their future state for more than 25 years. The dedicated team guides clients from strategy to execution across the value chain. The practice’s core focus areas are commercial and digital transformation, innovation, business agility, patient services, and patient experience.
Skilled across the product lifecycle, the team brings deep experience in early commercialization, product launch, brand growth, and lifecycle management. The team’s consultants help drive change and transform organizations. Leaders in digital transformation, the team has helped clients establish innovation incubators, develop digital medicine strategies, enhance patient experiences, and identify new revenue sources.
Scope & Responsibilities
A Senior Consultant (SC) at Capgemini Invent is highly visible and makes a strong impact on our organization. You will often serve as the on-site client manager, strengthening and expanding client relationships and leading workstreams and small engagements. You will be highly involved in practice development, supporting sales, recruitment, training, and practice. In this position, you will be challenged on an assortment of projects providing you depth and breadth of knowledge and experience.
Project Management and Delivery
- Collaborate with team and clients to define long-term vision, goals, and strategies
- Demonstrate strong consulting and advisory skillset including analytical capabilities, ability to synthesize content and translate it into sound recommendations and deliverables
- Lead or be a team member of Life Science transformation projects with large client organizations
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations, models, and issues to create structured actions and recommendations
- Test and present insights and recommendations to clients
- Demonstrate ability to drive blended teams of management consultants, junior team members, technology, data analysts, and implementation specialists to deliver according to plan (scope, quality, and schedule)
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development
- Master of PowerPoint, Excel, and new forms of delivery
- Build a network within the Capgemini group and contribute to the education of other Business Units around Life Sciences practice offerings to support existing account expansion
- Play a significant role in client proposals and RFI/RFP responses from initial brief to final sales presentations
- Nurture and expand existing account relationships
- Identify potential personal business relationships that can be leveraged by the practice to develop new business
- Identify potential project extension and expansion opportunities while staffed on projects
Building Our Brand
- Support the development of thought leadership and innovative offerings as they relate to Data Science, Digital Customer Analytics, and Operational Analytics.
- Support the expansion and strengthening of the team through recruiting, training, and community-building
- Support the upskilling of the Life Sciences team members on topics related to Data & Analytics
- Provide mentoring and coaching for junior team members to support continuous professional development
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 or more years post-undergraduate experience at an established management consulting and/or industry firm, with a focus in data, analytics, and business insights related work in the Pharma / Life Sciences Industry and a proven track record in at least one of the following areas:
- Data Science: Advanced Learning Algorithms
- Platforms: Architectural / Feature Knowledge
- Operational Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Digital Customer Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence and Robot Process Automation Strategy
- Data, Analytics, and Technology
- Notable experience with various health-related data sets such as clinical, claims, and specialty channel data
- Experience with standard programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik)
- Strong ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio and Access are pluses)
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Proven track record of core consulting skills, including meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, inductive/deductive reasoning, client interviewing, issue analysis, data analysis, process design and change management
- Experience managing workstreams and small teams
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Structured and conceptual mind-set
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, anticipate client and manager needs, and take proactive steps in the absence of clear guidance from clients and managers
- Leadership and poise, and ability to interact with executive level clients
- Willingness to travel frequently, up to 80% as necessary
- Undergraduate degree required, Data Science or similar major highly preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
EEO Language –
Capgemini US LLC and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status. Capgemini is a Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equalemployment-opportunity-is-the-law