Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Managing Consultant – Life Sciences, Data & Analytics
Chicago | New York | San Francisco
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.125 billion.
Life Sciences Practice Overview
The Life Sciences industry is undergoing dramatic changes, impacted by patent expirations, patient empowerment, increased regulatory scrutiny, and stringent cost containment. While the industry continues to lower costs and consolidate, it is seeking new growth opportunities through innovation, diversification, and expansion in emerging markets. Capgemini Invent’s Life Sciences practice has partnered with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to help define and deliver their future state for more than 25 years. The dedicated team guides clients from strategy to execution across the value chain. The practice’s core focus areas are commercial and digital transformation, innovation, business agility, patient services, and patient experience.
Skilled across the product lifecycle, the team brings deep experience in early commercialization, product launch, brand growth, and lifecycle management. The team’s consultants help drive change and transform organizations. Leaders in digital transformation, the team has helped clients establish innovation incubators, develop digital medicine strategies, enhance patient experiences, and identify new revenue sources.
Scope & Responsibilities
A Managing Consultant (MC) at Capgemini Invent is highly visible and makes a strong impact on our organization. An MC is accountable for delivering engagements in accordance with or exceeding client expectations of speed, cost, and quality. An MC is expected to strengthen and expand client relationships during client delivery. In addition to leading delivery, an MC is expected to support business development and to be highly involved in practice development. They will support the professional development of practitioners within the Life Sciences practice and that of any practitioners assigned to their projects. In this position, you will be challenged on an assortment of projects and practice activities providing you depth and breadth of knowledge and experience.
Project Management and Delivery
- Accountable for ensuring successful project delivery in concert with the delivery executive, including:
- Driving completion of services and deliverables, meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations of speed, quality, and budget
- Completing status reports
- Maintaining financials
- Leading client communication
- Onboarding and evaluating team resources
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Collaborate with team and clients to define long-term vision, goals, and strategies
- Demonstrate strong consulting and advisory skillset including analytical capabilities, ability to synthesize content and translate it into sound recommendations and deliverables
- Lead or be a team member of Life Science transformation projects with large client organizations
- Accountable for ensuring the accurate reporting of personal and project team productivity (e.g., utilization rates)
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations, models, and issues to create structured actions and recommendations
- Test and present insights and recommendations to clients
- Demonstrate ability to drive blended teams of management consultants, junior team members, technology specialists, data analysts, and implementation specialists from start-to-finish to deliver according to plan (schedule, scope, quality, and budget)
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development
- Demonstrate proficiency with appropriate tools for the analysis of data (e.g., Excel, SAS) and the communication of insights and recommendations (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
- Build a network within the Capgemini Group and contribute to education of colleagues in other Business Units around Life Sciences Practice offerings in general and, more specifically, our Data & Analytics capabilities
- Identify potential personal business relationships, particularly in the Data & Analytics space, that can be leveraged by the practice to develop new business
- Play a significant role in client proposals and RFI/RFP responses from initial brief to final sales presentations
- Nurture and expand existing account relationships
- Identify potential project extension and expansion opportunities while staffed on projects
Building Our Brand
- Support the development of thought leadership and innovative offerings as they relate to Data Science, Digital Customer Analytics, and Operational Analytics.
- Take a lead role in expanding and strengthening the team through recruiting, training, and community-building
- Drive the upskilling of the Life Sciences team members on topics related to Data & Analytics
- Provide mentoring and coaching for junior team members to support continuous professional development
- Responsible for assessing performance in consultation with the leadership team
Desired Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of 5+ years of Life Sciences expertise at an established management consulting and/or industry firm with focus in data, analytics, and business insights-related work in the Life Sciences Industry
- Considerable hands-on experience with various health-related data sets such as clinical, claims, and specialty channel data
- Significant experience with standard programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Strong ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Familiarity with various business intelligence tools such as Tableau and qlik
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio and Access are pluses)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and analyses in a manner that can be understood by both technical and business clients at all levels
- Strong presence with good relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of leading and managing both large and small teams
- Demonstrated contribution to thought leadership in Life Sciences
- Experience with client relationship management
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills within a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, poise, and ability to interact with executive level clients
- Reside within or be able to relocate to one of the three Capgemini Invent locations listed above
- Willingness to travel frequently, up to 80% as necessary
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or applicable master’s degree with a concentration in Data Science highly preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
EEO Language –
Capgemini US LLC and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status. Capgemini is a Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equalemployment-opportunity-is-the-law