Our Business and Data Analyst serves as our primary conduit between our client’s business and our solution team, managing the analytics requirements for the project. This position requires a combination of Data Scientist and Business Analyst skill sets. You will identify and articulate complex business rules and map those to data specifications. You will provide consulting services to manage client relationships on requirements discovery and solution implementation engagements; provide technical expertise on data analysis, data structures, data mining, data cleansing and data reporting; and implement data-centric solutions and other strategies.
- Elicit business and systems/data requirements from business users and subject matter experts
- Lead the development of common standards and tools for documenting requirements, rules, and data specifications
- Collect and interpret data, analyze results, and report the results back to the business stakeholders
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Map functional and business requirements to data specifications
- Perform gap analysis for current and future state requirements and/or data specifications/interfaces
- Work with industry standard data layouts and structures – e.g. XML, fixed length, delimited files and various standards like EDI 852 and EDI 867
- Support the data warehouse team in onboarding new data sources and identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Assist QA with validating test cases and scenarios; validate data during test cycles
- Assist in operational rollout and support
- Coordinate with all stakeholder to review data discrepancies/issues if any
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in technical data analysis, and data warehousing, with proven business and data analysis experience. Hands-on experience as a Data Scientist is a big plus
- Strong understanding of entity-relationship, data structures, data transformation and industry standard formats
- Experience working with large data sets, data preparation and data formats (structured, unstructured, semi-structured)
- Proven experience with presenting data on analytical dashboards and strong understanding of KPI driven analysis and implementation
- Hands-on experience with programming languages, such as SQL, PL/SQL, on industry leading platforms like Oracle
- Experience with data analysis using queries; need ability to present and communicate findings effectively, generate from multiple systems
- Experience working within an Onshore-Offshore model
- Strong communication and documentations skills both for business and IT stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience with visualization tools like PowerBI, Visual Studio, Tableau or Qlik
- Experience with scripting languages like Shell or Python
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Troubleshooting reporting database environments and reports
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.