Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
About the Role
The UI Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a strong foundation in jQuery, Angular 2+ experience.
The UI Systems Developers will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
• profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
• High level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
• Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
• Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
• Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
• Good knowledge and practical experience of testing tools like Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
• Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
• Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
• Basic knowledge of graphical tools such as GIMP or Photoshop, so that you can make small changes to images
• Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
• Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) & WebLogic
• Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
• Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
• Ability to function with new technologies
• Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
• 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
• Typical: At least 4+ years relevant experience in the business environment
• Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
• Over 4 years of software development experience
• Creating self-contained, reu
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.