Standard daily support of SAP Systems (ECC, PI, BI/BOBJ, Portal, Solman etc.)
• The role will be specifically to act as SME support DBA within a wider team of DBA, compute and storage specialists.
– Primary skills are Oracle, Database Administration.
– Have the opportunity to expand your skill-set into multiple database Technologies like Oracle and DB2.
– Expert in Database Backup & Recovery, replication, Installation, Migration etc.
– Pro-active monitoring of the database usage using various Database Monitoring tools.
– Exposure to various Database Monitoring Tools.
– Database instance incident resolution. Undertakes incident analysis on calls assigned, liaising with client Teams, third parties where required,
monitors and tracks those calls through to completion, within SLA timescales.
– Monitor and Troubleshoot Database Alerts.
– Strong in Database Architecture and Concepts.
– Knowledge in replication mechanisms in Oracle
– Exposure to Database and server Maintenance Activities.
– Knowledge in Database performance troubleshoot, RCA.
– Strong in Database User Profile, access management and security Administration.
– Excellent Database Error Handling skills like (session locks, deadlocks, invalid objects, replication issues etc).
– Excellent Communication and Documentation skills.
-Patching, maintenance, troubleshooting
-Oracle Grid (DB monitoring) experience
-Database HA technology experience (Oracle RAC)
• Perform daily system monitoring.
• System start and stop including database.
• Update System Kernel, Apply SAP Notes
• Managing transports in the landscape.
• Performing database administrative functions within SAP environments. Eg. Tablespace extend
• Managing User roles and authorizations.
• Trouble shooting SAP dumps, logs, system start issues.
• Should be willing to work on a 24x7x365 support environment.
• Should have experience of working on JAVA based systems. (Portal, PI/PO etc)
• Solution manager, HANA, S/4 HANA knowledge will be added advantage.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.