Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
The Smart Factory Center of Excellence, part of Capgemini Engineering and R&D Global Business Line is looking for MES professionals with drive and enthusiasm to be part of the growing CoE focused on Digital Operations, Operations Intelligence, Operations Management and Operations Maintenance.
• In this role, Engage with BU Leadership for strategic planning for growth of the unit
• A thought Leader who will be able to provide Customer Leadership, Project and People Management and Leadership support to globally distributed delivery teams
• Plan for growth of the practice, and liaise with the necessary stakeholders to execute the same
• Engage in active Pre-sales and Solutions activities
• Must have managed large engagements and involved in technical solutioning, estimation of efforts, costs and ultimately technical success of the project
• Ability to engage with the Client’s senior management at CXO level
• Must have in-depth knowledge and experience of working in SMART FACTORY environment and Industry 4.0 Solutions
• Should have in-depth knowledge of current and future technology trends, and the entire eco-system. Should have worked with clients in cutting-edge technologies
• Connect with multiple stakeholders, own & drive technical solutioning, participate in presales activities & engage with end customers, He/ She should have a deep understanding, Skill and experience on MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Industrial Automation for one or more of the sectors – Automotive, Pharma or Consumer products.
• Should have worked in MES /SCADA/historian implementation, understand various phase of such projects execution along with skill mix required. Should have experience in integrating the same with Enterprise application as well as lab instruments, customer systems, devices, various IoT stacks, Low code / No code Development Plartform and DevOps tools
• Strong hands on experience on any of the MES products such as Rockwell FTPC, Siemens Opcenter, GE Proficy Plant Apps., SAP ME/MII/PCo, Dassault Delmia Apriso, Wonderware
• Should have knowledge of ISA-95/ MESA/ SCOR standards
• Knowledge of Industry 4.0 will be a definite advantage.
• Very Well versed in Process, Discrete & Batch Industries.
• Should be well aware of emerging technologies in the Manufacturing IT /technology space
• Should have min 15 years' experience in MES solution implementation
• Bachelor/MS of Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent exposure to the IT industry;
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented, multicultural environment;
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
• Effective organization and prioritization skills;
• Functional knowledge in any of the following: Production, Quality, Maintenance, Inventory;
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills – both written and verbal;
• Fluency in English, knowledge of other foreign languages is considered a plus
IT Transformation Managers optimize Business Technology capabilities and manage implementation, change and transformation on behalf of the client. They analyze and evaluate existing Business Technology capabilities (- organization, project management, service management and resources management). They define Business and IT objectives and identify gaps. They are responsible for the success of the transformation by designing the appropriate transformation roadmap and leading the execution of it. They also carry out skills coaching and consulting. IT Transformation Managers understand the financial implications of their proposals. Their plans must increase the productivity and quality of the complete IT landscape and life cycle by using client standards and procedures, control and quality management, rationalization and automation. They use industry standards and best-practices including a feasibility check and necessary adaptations for the client.
Required Skills and Experience:
The IT Transformation Manager plans and steers projects. He develops solutions for complex functional and/or organizational problems. The solutions consider existing structures, best practice methods and their financial impact (both within and without the project itself), adapted to the individual client situation. He is a competent point of contact for the customer’s middle management. The IT Transformation Manager isn´t only a trusted adviser but also acts as a selective coach. He supports reviews and audits; documenting and sharing acquired practical knowledge. He guarantees the quality of his results through broad knowledge of appropriate methods, clients, sectors and technology. For his division he contributes his knowledge and generates new offers for customers out of his project environment.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Should be proficient in Business Change Management, Industrialization, Architecture Knowledge and Vendor Management
• Should have progressing skills on Project Financials, KPI´s & Reporting
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.