• Four-year design degree (Commonly BFA)
• Lead project design teams, UX design process, manage delivery expectations, coordinate activities, communication, timelines, budgets, manage hours, etc.
• Lead design workshops, requirements definition, whiteboarding, roadmaps, consumer research, testing, etc.
• Lead UX direction of user interface layouts, prototypes, interaction strategies, navigation, and design systems
• Lead contemporary design practices and trends to lift usability and performance metrics
• Expert in content architecture, content strategy and marketing
• Contribute to practice strategy, capabilities development, market opportunities, trends, process refinement, etc.
• Contribute to practice marketing, SWOTs, thought leadership, speaking events, etc.
• Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required
• Expert presentations and communication skills. (both written and verbal)
• Manage the definition, scheduling and communication for design hours, timeline, deliverables, design reviews, etc. (both to client and team members).
• Manage activities of multiple projects simultaneously, while assessing and managing risk.
• Assume responsibility for the work produced and takes ownership for resolving issues.
• Effectively manage scope of design hours as well as design implications on downstream development hours.
• Effectively prioritize, delegate, and manage work to junior team members.
• Clearly articulate thoughts; design strategies, decisions, trade-offs, and able to effectively and persuasively present work.
• Lead designers to conceptualize and produce, and if needed, create sketches or screen layouts to communicate direction for the visual components of interface design.
• Lead in the creation of estimates (proven to be sound, accurate and profitable).
• Manage personal and group utilization (seeks out work and forecasts workload).
• Lead by example; motivate team members and build great team chemistry.
• Develop subject matter expertise, process improvement, and participate in training.
• Influence with integrity to motivate others to achieve individual and company goals.
• Maintain composure under trying circumstances. Help create a challenging environment that fosters creativity, innovation, rewards achievement, and profitability with high retention rates.
• Proficient at managing conflict, confronts others skillfully, negotiates well.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.