Capgemini Invent North America
Director – Invent NA Auto Operations Strategy & Transformation
Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 300,000 + team members in over 44 countries.
As a leader in Automotive, you will be responsible for growing our NA industry footprint. This will require a keen ability to grow current accounts while expanding our presence at new accounts. You will be responsible for new business / consulting opportunities as well as the care and service of existing accounts. This is a consulting leadership role in which sales and growth go hand-in-hand with high-value consulting and account development. You will be expected to create lasting relationships and deliver tangible value such that the client is delighted and Capgemini Invent becomes recognized as THE Partner to that client, one that will be invited back to continued opportunities. Furthermore, you will play a leadership role in our wider business, helping set the direction, drive the business forward, model our values and behaviors, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Working as part of the Capgemini Invent leadership team you will help set and deliver our business objectives, support our strategic offers and strengthen our NA automotive footprint.
- Leveraging the strong relationships that you will bring to our team, you’ll be expected to engage and secure key clients for Capgemini NA Invent Automotive.
- Leading/coordinating Capgemini NA Invent Automotive sales efforts.
- Taking on the important role of delivery leader, overseeing execution of Capgemini NA Invent Automotive engagements with major client(s).
What you’ll bring
As a leader in Automotive Industry you’ll bring industry leading depth of knowledge / expertise in defining trends in automotive. You are a recognized expert in the ever-advancing automotive manufacturing and R&D functions with special expertise in automotive operations transformation, digital engineering, LEAN and supply chain transformation.
Foundational to this will be your seasoned experience as both a leader in industry and consulting. The ideal candidate has spent time as the corporate leader of change and a high-value consulting partner for organizations driving such change. As such, you’re likely a leader within a recognized consultancy. You’re a seasoned expert with experience engaging senior clients in peer-level relationships and managing significant programs. You’re an innovator and delivery leader. You’re a contributor in thought content and increase the depth of our expertise in the automotive industry.
Specifically, you’ll bring:
- Automotive industry expertise, including (but not limited to):
- Industry and operational transformation (digital manufacturing, smart factory)
- Intelligent industry (auto software strategy, car operating system, product architecture, product platform management, product lifecycle management)
- Organizational elements to support operational transformation
- Supply Chain transformation
- Automotive strategy engagement
- Proven and demonstrable skills in developing:
- Relevant industry perspectives / PoVs
- Compelling opportunity responses (RFIs / RFPs)
- Senior-level relationships
- Tangible consulting leadership and delivery experience in areas including:
- Operations Transformation
- Technology Transformation
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organization and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Credibility and personal impact – being driven, dynamic, tenacious and possessing the will to win and deliver results.
- Versatility and collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focused on outcomes at all levels in the client organization.
- A proven track record in new business development / account management in automotive companies across the full sales lifecycle; you will have an annual personal sales target of $3M.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics/traits:
- Strong executive presence and entrepreneurial spirit
- Superb leadership and team building skills with ability to build consensus and achieve goals through collaboration rather than direct line authority
- A positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done
- Ability to establish immediate credibility among his/her peers, a professional who is respected for his/her intelligence, leadership ability and technical expertise
- An engaging/open interpersonal style complimented by the analytical pragmatism necessary to quickly dissect highly complex issues
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with the professional staff, senior level executives, and the business community at large
- Demonstrates an ability and willingness to partner internally and externally to achieve appropriate objectives for clients and for Capgemini NA Invent Automotive.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law