Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Director – Strategy and Transformation Advisory – Customer Transformation in Hi Tech
Scope & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Principal to join the Strategy and Transformation Hi-Tech team in our San Francisco office. A Principal at Capgemini Invent is highly visible and makes a strong impact on our and our clients’ organizations. You will lead strategic engagements that define and design major transformations for our clients, and you will manage and expand relationships between Invent and our clients. In Business Development, you will partner with accomplished Invent executives to shape new opportunities and close new deals. You will play a critical role in our strategy practice, driving the growth of the practice, mentoring and leading some of the world’s best consultants, and continuously evolving and refining our service offerings and methodologies.
You will be member of a global innovation and strategy team, and exchange, align and interact with colleagues across the world regularly. As a true collaborator, you will partner with Capgemini colleagues from across all practices, from innovation, Operations and People, Future of Technology, Data Strategy to Design and Technology, and more.
- You should have a graduate degree and an MBA; or equivalent experience demonstrating a solid understanding of strategy and commercial concepts & relationships.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working, including in a top Management Consulting firm with focus on Strategy, Operations, Innovation or Technology with demonstrated impact.
- You should also have significant experience leading diverse, cross-functional teams and managing senior client relationships.
- You are a great collaborator, able to unify diverse teams, and challenge and support them to do their best work.
- You should be self-propelled by restless curiosity, fascinated with changing the world, comfortable with change and ambiguity, and be able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical.
- You should be the most creative and restless member of whatever company you’re currently working for.
- You should display, and be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Core consulting skills. You know Management Consulting and client management inside out, including meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, inductive/ deductive reasoning, client interviewing, issue analysis, data analysis, process design, change management.
- Strategic Thinking. You should have a well-honed strategic and analytic mindset, and experience in synthesizing and translating complex strategic concepts into compelling messages and stories; knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods for developing compelling customer insights
- Networking Prowess. You should have an intuitive ability for connecting with people from various, diverse backgrounds, and build alliances and partnerships that produce results.
- World-Class interpersonal Skills. You would be interacting on a regular basis with senior executives of fortune 500 companies and should therefore demonstrate the ability to construct and deliver inspiring and convincing arguments verbally as well as on paper.
- Diverse Experience. Capgemini Invent works with clients across industries and categories, and as such you should be able to demonstrate diverse category experience.
- Inspiring Leadership Style. You have proven the ability to inspire internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of what they thought was possible.
- Contagious Positive Passion. You should get excited by big transformational ideas and be able to infectiously stoke the fires of those around you.
- Strong Opinions. You should be prepared to defend your opinions and perspectives and be able to support them with lateral and insightful commercial and strategic rationale.
- Drive proactive client proposals and RFP responses from initial brief to final presentations.
- Develop client relationships to identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Proactively leverage personal business relationships to start conversations with new clients or buying centers.
- Build network within the Capgemini group and educate other Business Units about the Life Sciences practice offerings to support sales.
- Nurture relationships on existing accounts.
- Provide strategic oversight for, or manage, project execution from start-to-finish and drive teams to deliver according to plan (scope, quality, and time).
- Collaborate with clients to define long-term vision, goals and strategies.
- Simplify challenges, situations, and issues to create executable recommendations and actions.
- Test and present insights and recommendations to senior management.
- Lead consultants to deliver quality results for clients
- Be a key member of the strategy and transformation practice, visible and connected to the global Innovation and Strategy community of practice.
- Help to hire, integrate, coach, support and grow new team members. Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching for the team. Build and manage a strong community.
- Develop innovative assets, including differentiated points of view, thought leadership, and methodologies.
The TMT Team
- Telecom Media and Technology (TMT) practice is one of the top global high-end management consulting practice dedicated to helping CEOs and senior executives in the converging communications industries address their most critical strategic and operational challenges.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law