Capgemini Invent North America (CI NA)
Sr. Manager – Consumer Products, Retail, and Distribution Managing Consultant
New York , San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta
Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
CONSUMER PRODUCT & RETAIL PRACTICE OVERVIEW
Capgemini Invent delivers innovative customer-centric experiences and insight-led business excellence for our global clients. We are looking to hire a senior individual at the Managing Consultant level who combine Consumer Products expertise and consulting skills to help our clients tailor and adapt their experience to the wants and needs of their customers through digital technology innovation and land real transformation.
You’ll define, design and deliver marketing, customer service and commerce capabilities that deliver industry-leading customer experiences. You’ll help CPG organisations seize new opportunities and realise value quicker by trying new things, testing-and-learning, not being afraid to fail (quickly) and critically being able to rapidly scale and integrate successes for true competitive advantage. You’ll be involved in innovating, designing and delivering organisational change across marketing, sales and eCommerce teams at CPG clients who are undergoing a radical shift into Digital requiring new technologies and ways of working.
What you’ll do
You will inspire clients on how to optimise their engagement strategies with consumers across all touch-points along the path to purchase. You will demonstrate a vision for the future of consumer engagement and how to meet the needs of the digital, connected consumer, you’ll help clients to develop propositions which will deliver this vision. You’ll use your understanding of how consumer data can be used to optimise all aspects of a CPG business including marketing, consumer engagement, innovation, e-tail and ecommerce as well as the operational processes which enable these
You’ll work at the leading edge of the industry acting as an advisor to tier one Consumer Products Companies helping them to deliver and embed digital capabilities, supporting processes, operating models, and governance. Finally, you will be working closely with technology delivery partners on behalf of our clients, bridging the gap between business and technology to delivery great, digitally enabled consumer experiences.
You’ll work with and be part of our Global Consumer Products team to identify and shape opportunities in the marketplace, leveraging our global expertise and access the teams that will help you deliver outcomes for Capgemini Invent as well as our clients. In your role you will also support the global team to continue to develop thought leadership and assets that will help Capgemini establish a firm role in the industry.
Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, and you will generat sales with exisiting and new clients alike.
What you’ll bring
Already a leader in your field, you’ll bring a passion for developing consumer engagement strategies, channel strategies, consumer journeys and multi-channel consumer experiences. You will also bring experience of marketing technologies and marketing/campaign capabilities. With deep CPG industry focus at a top tier consulting company (and Ideally a strong CPG industry background) you’ll bring an understanding of operations across marketing, sales, ecommerce departments with experience of defining digital strategies, consumer business models and consumer segmentation and research.
In addition, you’ll have experience in business consulting /project work in a top tier consumer products company, specifically in many of the following areas:
- Consumer strategy development
- Consumer journey development
- Consumer Products operating model design and implementation
- Business requirements & process mapping
- Change management
- Business case development
- Delivery of digital technologies including core marketing technology
- Sourcing & Buying
- Merchandise & Assortment Planning
- Category Management
- Pricing & Promotions
- Forecasting, Allocation & Replenishment
Skilled across the product lifecycle, the team brings deep experience in early commercialization, product launch, brand growth, and lifecycle management. The team’s consultants help drive change and transform organizations. Leaders in digital transformation, the team has helped clients establish innovation incubators, ideate on digital medicine strategies, use digital to enhance patient experiences, and ideate on revenue sources outside traditional biopharma therapies.
- You’ll have a passion and understanding for retail transformation in a digital world.
- You’ll possess a sharp intellect, with strong problem-solving skills to address the impact of digital on the end-to-end supply chain, as well as an ability to synthesize data and formulate conclusions/recommendations.
- With excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, you’ll bring the ability to develop and maintain peer relationships with senior management level executives.
- You’ll bring a can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
Additional requirements include:
- 5+ years of experience at an established management consulting and/ or digital marketing services provider
- 2+ years of experience managing the successful execution of multiple strategy or digital projects across multiple clients is highly preferred
- Strong core consulting skills, including meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, inductive/ deductive reasoning, client interviewing, issue analysis, data analysis, process design, and change management
- Strong design thinking skills including application of conceptual modeling and visualization to problem and solution definition; knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods for developing compelling customer insights
- Undergraduate degree required; top MBA or other applicable post-graduate degree preferred
- Authorized to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner
- Willingness to travel up to 100% depending on client. We try to staff our Consultants regionally.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law