Top three skills:
• 7 – 10 years of experience as a Certified/Professional Scrum Master with a strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles.
• Must promote the value of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict management, continuous improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
• Must have an exceptional interactive and collaboration skills as well as experience in building high performing teams.
Nice to have skills:
• Active participant and a contributor to the Agile community.
• Experience with other Agile approaches such as XP, Kanban, FDD, TDD, SAFe, DAD, Nexus, LeSS and scrum@scale.
• Experience with Agile technology practices such as DevOps, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, AWS.
• Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Teams, Confluence, Agile Craft, Rally, VersionOne, Balsamiq, Align and Zephyr and SharePoint.
• Mentoring the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum best practices to achieve their goals.
• Work closely with the Product Owner to maintain and prioritize the user stories including the product backlog refinement.
• Schedules and facilitates scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, daily stand-up, sprint review and retrospectives.
• Ensures effective communication within and across teams. Influences and facilitates the empowerment of a self-organizing and self-managing team.
• Shields the scrum team from outside distractions & interferences and proactively helps the team identify and resolve impediments; shields team from interruptions during the sprint.
• Captures and reports team performance metrics (velocity) and overall sprint progress (Burn-Down/Up Charts) using appropriate reporting tools.
• Ensures the development teams are working towards sprint goals by practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
• Ensures cross functional coordination with analysts, developers and testers, is occurring early and often. Recommends improvements and assists in changes to best practices.
• Work with diverse teams with diverse personalities, during high pressure scenarios, within extremely tight deadlines.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You ensure that client needs are satisfied through the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of application solutions in response to client requirements, expressed in approved service requests. You are responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. You ensure that the project meets its deliverables in an agreed schedule, according to the scope, within stipulated budget, and to quality standards.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Should have EM Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Risk Management and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have progressing skills Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.