SAP Sales/Service: Technical Lead (TL)
The Technical Lead (TL) position is a senior development/supervisory position in the Capgemini SAP CX Team and supervises the day-to-day activity of the Development Team, as well as functions as a project team’s most senior applications engineer. The TL partners functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect (TA) and the Project Manager (PM) or Application Coordinator (AC). Furthermore, The TL mentors, coaches and supports the junior members of the development team while collaborating with project leadership (TA, PM AC).
• Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint.
• Task Assignment & Resource Allocation for the team members.
• Creating and defining tasks in JIRA with sufficient detail for the developer to be able to execute the task – including estimates for hours and deadlines.
• Follow-up as appropriate with Developers to ensure work is progressing as required; identify and manage blocking issues, identify and manage required resources, etc.
• Participates in daily development SCRUM meetings during development sprints.
• Ensuring tasks are completed within the agreed-upon number of hours and timeframe, and that they meet the requirements as defined in the task and its user story.
• Performing code reviews with development team members, submitting inspection forms and sign off on the integrity of the work checked in to the project.
• Regular communications and collaboration with PM/AC regarding development impacts to scope, budget or timeline and with TA regarding requirements and architecture.
• Participates in the management of Branch & Merge related activities during the project and Release Hardening activities to prepare releases for QA and UAT.
• Collect/prepare technical documentation to facilitate [As] / OSC ongoing support and maintenance of the application.
• Participate in internal communities for knowledge sharing such as: platform-specific chats & meetings.
• B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent Experience
• 6-10 years of Overall IT experience with 4 – 5 years of experience with SAP Sales / Service cloud in Technical Leadership roles.
• Minimum 2 years of recent experience as a Technical Lead.
• Capable of successfully leading Large Size or Complex projects or multiple Small Size or Simple Complexity projects.
• Proficient in using and managing version control through Git – including creating branches and performing merges.
• Current certification in SAP Sales/Service Cloud (C4C) a plus
• Knowledge of SAP Field Service Management a plus
• Superior problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking and strong communication skills – verbal and written
• Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient in leading & supervising application development teams and leading effective scrum meetings, release planning & management and sprint planning.
• Previous experience with a professional consulting organization preferred
PLATFORM / TECH SKILLS:
• Highly skillful in ABSL, UI Script, UI designer in SAP Cloud Applications Studio (SDK) to develop, deploy & Support complex SAP Sales/Service cloud solutions
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills in SAP C4, CPI, ECC and S4 and familiarity with ABAP Development of Proxy’s, RFC modules and Idoc related development
• Familiarity with SAP Cloud Platform Integration tool is a plus
• Experience in design and development of SAP Sales and Service cloud Custom Business Objects, Extensions and BAdI’s.
• Experience in integrations with SAP and non-SAP systems using SOAP, REST and ODATA web services including Mash-ups and integration with external systems
• Experience with data workbench, data templates
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role), Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.