Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion..
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
The Validation Engineer/Specialist is responsible for the preparation and execution of approved test procedures on the rolling stock in accordance with company policies (including EHS, railway safety, local regulation and professional standard).
He/she performs the testing and investigations activities for the Citadis Spirit GTA Project.
He/she ensures the application in his scope of the right methodologies and tools and of the standard processes.
• He/she performs validation activities during project execution.
• He/she adheres to Testing schedules and Testing plans as agreed with internal and external stakeholders.
• He/she must adapt to the work schedule (including morning/afternoon shifts) to support the various testing activities as dictated by the schedule milestones and availability of resources.
• In accordance with test specifications: he/she defines the most appropriate testing methodology, tools and means thru train test procedures and a specification of tools and means.
• He/she defines the on-train investigations to be performed.
• He/she set up and configure test tools & means to be used during the testing.
• He/she analyzes test results, update and issues train test reports.
• He/she opens change requests if results are not the ones expected.
• He/she ensures that the necessary procedures and reports are ready in time for the Train level validation tests.
• He/she ensures the application in his scope of the right methodologies and tools and of the standard processes.
Qualification & Skills:
• Bachelor / Master Degree in Engineering Technology (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Computer, Railway)
• Strong capacity to work in a collaborative way, to ensure transparent and open communication.
• Able to share information, targets and difficulties in a transparent way.
• Good organization skills (coordination, workload anticipation) and activities anticipation.
• Focused on achieving our goals at Project level.
• Hands-on approach and results oriented (well structured, problem, investigation and solution).
• Willing to take initiatives and with a pro-active approach to identify opportunities and acting upon them.
• Strong capacity to adapt according to priorities. Open to change and able to contribute to change management actions.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of experience with Railway Design/Testing or equivalent.
Experience in Train & Systems Validation activities such as:
• Verification activities: specification and procedures, hardware & software integration.
• Tests: preparation (configuration, instrumentation), on-train or lab tests realization, results analysis.
• System requirement, System specification and architecture documents (development and/or use).
• Software, schematics and apparatus (development and/or validation/use).
• Overall knowledge of the main Train Systems, Functions and Performances.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in collaboration with other stakeholders.
• Validation tools (monitoring tools, log grabers, Controlbuild, ExtraPuTTY, etc.)
• Back Office
Test Consultants are concerned with the independent verification and validation of the products produced by the development process. Testing is carried out in each phase: the requirements are tested by an acceptance test, the system design (analysis and design) by a system and integration test, and the programs by a program and module test.
Required Skills and Experience:
You design and develop more complex tests and non-functional tests. You perform many of the roles required of a software testing project, through which you acquire a full testing lifecycle experience. Typically you perform these roles as a senior member in a wider team. You act as a stream leader with technical delivery ownership within a limited number of technology areas. You contribute to bid or client proposals based on your technological expertise. You have delivery ownership and guide individuals and groups towards desired outcomes. You also actively participate in at least one community.
• Qualification: 2-5 years (1 year min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Software Engineering, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Quality Management.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.