The Lead User Interface / Visual Designer is responsible for the conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design for digital commerce experiences.
• Lead project design teams, creative design process, manage delivery expectations, communication, timelines, etc.
• Lead design workshops, requirements definition, whiteboarding, roadmaps, etc.
• Lead creative direction of user interface layouts, prototypes, style guides and design systems.
• Lead contemporary design practices and trends to lift usability and performance metrics.
• Proficient in
• eCommerce design practices, interaction models and user-centered design.
• creating and delivering design assessments and presentations.
• visual design principles like typography, iconography, color, space and texture.
• content architecture, content strategy, marketing and brand building.
• latest creative design software (Adobe XD, Sketch, Marvel, Zeplin, etc.).
• delivery production-ready web graphics, responsive design, etc.
• Able to interpret client needs and create successful design solutions.
• Guide designers to conceptualize design concepts, and if needed, creates sketches or screen layouts to communicate direction for the visual components of interface design.
• Core consulting skills for a client facing role including communications, professionalism, and MS Office tools
• Four-year design degree (Commonly BFA)
• 7-10+ years of website design experience
• Portfolio Website, Resume and Professional References
• Experience in user research and usability testing using a variety of methods and being able to speak confidently about lessons learned from previous user testing sessions.
• Experience managing sales pursuits (design process), proposals, estimates, SOWs, etc.
• Ability to contribute to practice marketing, thought leadership, speaking events, etc.
• Ability to contribute to practice strategy, capabilities dvlpmt., market opportunities, trends, process refinement, etc.
• Ability to contribute to the management of the design group, profitability, resource assignments, utilization, career path, etc.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.