Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant –http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Minimum High School Degree
The client's Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions Team is seeking an ambitious and creative software engineer who will contribute to the development of new Telematics/Infotainment applications that are downloaded and/or directly integrated to in-vehicle infotainment. This specific role will also manage software build activity for the team. As a member of the in-vehicle applications team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and other engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, deliver and deployment groundbreaking applications that re-define the driving experience.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework. This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will contribute to team commitments and deliverables. This person will also manage build processes for the team and help to establish best-practice standards for all scrum teams in this organization. This person will:
• Proficiently build and maintain Android applications that contribute to the connected car feature roadmap
• Generate automated test cases based on feature development within applications
• Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work based on sprint planning
• Perform and participate in root cause analysis of coding defects
• Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting of build and deployment related issues
• Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
• Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn and build expertise.
• Perform manual unit and regression test cases as situationally required to support swarming on open tasks within a sprint
• Act as SME for build and release processes for Android applications
• Implement and maintain build, release, delivery and deployment pipelines
• Implement and maintain tools to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes
• Manage build automation and integration tools (Jenkins, Maven) and processes
• Support and improve our tools for continuous builds
• Create and maintain documentation for our DevOps processes and tools
• Support developers with usage and training of software build and configuration tools
Prospective candidates possess a high degree of creativity, problem-solving skills, a drive for results, the ability to prioritize and break-down complex tasks, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.