As the API Platform Architect, you will be responsible for engaging with technical and business stakeholders to understand business needs and guide the overall direction of the eCommerce API Platform. You will be responsible to ensure the platform keeps up with modern delivery and engineering practices. You will not only lead the modernization projects but also address the organizational and cultural changes, pushing the organization forward while helping them solve difficult technology problems.
Must have a Passion for software and IT, Must have hands on experience at work, or outside of work building pet projects. Have their finger on the pulse with coding skills (cannot be stagnant)
• Works in collaboration with other Stack Architects (Mobile, Web, Restaurant) to define common standards, patterns and practices
• Develops architecture which supports product requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
• Presents and defends architecture, design, and technique choices to internal and external audiences
• Sustains the on-going transformation to a Continuous Deployment model through high-level of automation
• Supports the Technical Design Authority whose goal is to ensure consistency in implementation across Product Capabilities teams
• Proactively learns new technologies, standards, and applications; keeps current with technology developments within the industry
• Is ultimately accountable for the delivery of architecture and engineering projects that fall within the scope of the API Platform
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 12+ years overall professional experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience and excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working as an architect in a Cloud Native environment (Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, API Gateway…)
• Demonstrated experience in implementing Infrastructure-as-code and Configuration-as-code initiatives
• Experience in Agile and Extreme Programming software development methodologies
• Comfort with managing multiple projects at once without sacrificing detail
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work autonomously, and self-direct within a highly communicative, interactive team structure
• Commercial experience of one of the following; Java, .net, C#, cloud technologies
Must reside in Chicago or willing to relocate post Covid
Working hours are Central Standard Time Zone
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• You are responsible for designing and validating a complex architecture and ensuring its successful implementation.
• You should be able to identify and challenge several IT scenarios by taking into account the business environment.
• You work as a stream lead at CIO/CTO level in major client organizations.
• You lead Capgemini operations relating to market development and/or service delivery excellence.
• You are seen as a role model in your community.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.