This position requires that the candidate work at one of the following two sites:
TVA– Chattanooga, TN
Capgemini – Columbia, SC
It will be the responsibility of all selected candidates to relocate to one of these two sites at their expense once the customer requests all personnel return to site. Capgemini will not provide relocation funding nor support. At present all work is being done remotely.
The selected candidate must submit to and pass a TVA background check, a drug screen, and submit certified fingerprints in order to be engaged on this project.
• Handle problem tickets, identify & implement fixes for users of a collection of FEWS (Floodwater Emergency Management Software) applications
• Integrate, test, and deploy hydrology models provided by the hydrology development team
• Assist in minor enhancements as requested and vetted by the user community and TVA management
• Interact with TVA personnel to understand issues, collect and understand requirements, and provide personalized assistance with problems and enhancement.
• Coordinate with vendors and other TVA developers on investigating, resolving, and deploying fixes to customer application problems.
• C#/.Net programming experience (3-5+ years)
• Practical usage and report writing knowledge on one or more of SSRS, SSIS, MDX, and Data Cubes
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technical material by yourself
• Working knowledge of programming using both Windows and Linux development environments
• Knowledge of water management systems or hydrology a plus
• Demonstrable scripting experience in Perl and/or Python
• Experience in critical thinking
• Strong communication and people skills
• Demonstrable ability to perform well and calmly in stressful customer situations
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role), Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.