North America AWS Practice, Senior Professional Services Enterprise Sales Executive, EU MU
The focus of the AWS MDE role is selling transformative, strategic, multi-million-dollar sales of Capgemini’s North America AWS Practice’s professional services offerings and capabilities thru the Capgemini Energy and Utilities (EU) industry vertical Market Unit (MU).
This role is for a tenured, senior sales professional with responsibility to evangelize and to provide focused sales expertise to assist the MUs account managers to specifically sell the AWS Practice’s professional services offerings to its existing and greenfield customers.
Job Description and Requirements
10+ years’ experience successfully selling strategic professional services engagements to Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 company divisions and their LOBs;
Professional services sales executive with a proven track record of carrying and exceeding bookings sales quotas of not less than $10M per annum (evidence of President’s Club or related annual achievements required);
Five (5) years of evidenced experience and relationships within the EU industry vertical (e.g. previous VP to C level roles at leading companies driving IT transformation);
Intimate knowledge of near-term trends and challenges within EU sectors, especially at the tangent of opportunities within that sector that are ripe for disruption and modernization and where the adoption of AWS cloud services could address those trends, challenges and opportunities;
Demonstratable ability to create compelling proposals and presentations which clearly articulate business value (increased profit, growth of capitalization value, faster time to market, more market share, cost optimization, strategic market advantage, etc.), supported by financial justification (OpEx vs CapEx, NPV, ROI and IRR) and which demonstrate necessary technical benefits (agility, scalability, reliability, availability, flexibility, etc.) that convince technical and business VPs and C-Suite stakeholders to purchase AWS Practice’s service offerings.
Proven ability to evangelize how AWS services platforms including Compute, Serverless, Storage/Data Lakes/Big Data, Containerization/Orchestration, Serverless, AI/ML/Inference, Blockchain, Call-Center, Security & GRC can transform, optimize and provide business value, financial benefits and technical agility to both technical and business stakeholders;
Requires knowledge of the various AWS Cloud adoption journeys across which customers travel through stages of AWS cloud adoption, transformation, and IT and DevOps modernization including:
- Application Migration and Modernization;
- Development and DevOps/DevSecOps Modernization; and,
- Adoption of Cloud Native Development and Sever-less Technologies.
Successfully closes sales through:
- Farming Opportunities at and Across Existing Customers / 50-70% of the Time:
- Upselling against current AWS Practice engagements that result in larger/more strategic AWS Practice’s professional services being adopted by that Customer;
- Selling AWS Practice professional services to greenfield LOBs at existing customers that haven’t yet purchased AWS Practice’s professional services;
- Hunting Opportunities at Greenfield Customers / 30%-50% of the Time
The capability to lead responses to complex, enterprise-scale RFPs including: deconstructing RFPs to determine requirements; developing winning RFP response strategies and assembling and orchestrating teams to timely submit questions and respond to the RFPs; and leading winning oral’s presentations;
The ability to successfully employ, work cross-functionally, and “pack-sell” with regional overlay, partner alliance, and AWS teams including:
- Capgemini’s AWS Practice Mangers who are responsible for a portion of Capgemini’s AWS Practice’s KPI’s within a specific region within North America (e.g. NE, SE, Central, West and Canada) and initiate, grow, manage, leverage and own the relationship the AWS Professional Service Organization;
- Capgemini’s AWS Presales Solution Architects that will assist developing and delivering the technical solution and solution approach to validate the technical portion of the sales process;
- Capgemini’s Partner Development Executives (PDEs) that and initiate, grow, manage, leverage and own the relationship with the their complimentary Partner Sales/Development Managers that work for AWS, where the PDEs are responsible to drive teaming between Capgemini MU Account teams and AWS Account Managers/Executives, as well as help Capgemini Account Teams leverage investment dollars and benefits of the exclusive “Non-Linear Initiative”, joint Go-To-Market relationship Capgemini has with AWS;
- Other Business Development, Market Development and MU focused influencers; and,
- AWS Account and AWS Partner Alliance teams (that work for AWS).
Provides advocacy and voice of the customer feedback loops to the AWS Practice’s leadership and product development teams;
Experience preparing quarterly team-based account plans to determine sales strategy and RACI across the selling team (partner, alliance, MU, etc.);
Extensive experience and capability managing complex negotiations to close professional services transactions including understanding how to draft Time and Materials and Fixed Fee Scope of Works, Statements of Work (SOW) and their appropriate use, key functions and requirements;
Extensive knowledge and understanding of Purchasing/Procurement processes at enterprise companies;
Develops, manages and reports on sales pipelines through each sales stage using Salesforce.com;
Develops and drives business and technical relationships at accounts individually and as a team member with MU account managers, Capgemini’s AWS partner alliance teams, AWS’ Account & Professional Service teams.
- BA/BS, Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum of 10 years of enterprise sales and/or program/product management experience with a focus on EU customers.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience selling enterprise AWS cloud computing services.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct field experience working with enterprise accounts.
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience
- Evidence of professional sales training (AWS OBAM, Acclivus, Sandler, etc.)
- Experienced in the use Salesforce.com
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- MBA or equivalent
- Previous VP or CIO at a EU company
- Worked previously at AWS or Leading Global Systems Integrators that are AWS Premier Partners (e.g. Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant, etc.)
- Solid technical background in software applications, security, networking, big data analytic tools, web app development, etc.
- Track record for exceeding quota
- Direct experience selling to EU sector customers and eco-system
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Extensive customer network within EU sector
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
About Capgemini A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.